The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Happy Fathers Day

This is a duel purpose message . First I'd like to wish all of the Dads and Dads to be on the forum Happy Fathers Day and I hope someone is taking you fishing tomorrow.
The most important part of this message is for those of you who have fathers that fish. You don't have to buy these Dads ties or gifts of any kind . All you have to do is show up on there doorstep rod in hand and say " Come on Pop let's hit the water". Take my word for it you will be giving the best Fathers Day gift ever and definitely make the old man happy! So forget about that T shirt Worlds Greatest Dad from Walmart and the card with the picture of the father and son or daughter out fishing . Make your own card and take him fishing you won't regret it!
I already know I'm going to the river tomorrow.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

Jerry McKinnis, with the final words of the final episode of his long running tv program The Fishin' Hole had a list of 6 or 7 things that you must do in your life.
The very first one went something like;

"Take your dad fishing, or your mom.
Heck with this "take your kid fishing" - take your dad fishing."
Old 06-17-2012, 09:40 AM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Happy fathersday to all dads.

You instilled this love for the outdoors into us for us to pass on to the next generation.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:04 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of

So great story my fishing buddy texted me yesterday that his 13 year old son wanted to take him fly fishing for fathers day.I said come grab my old rig from when I started years back for your son since he didnt have any gear. Its a cortland 5/6 with a SA reel. I threw some new 4x leader and tippet on there for him figuring he'd be snagging trees and such......

Glad I put on 4x tippet so he could land the 23" rainbow he caught. He sent me a pic and its a horse. Now mind you this is in a local little river where people hike and play alot. The river is heavily fished and a 14" fish in this river is a real prize. Said he was teaching his son to roll cast and it was a terrible cast but when it hit this horse came flying out of the backside of a boulder and nailed the san juan worm.

What a day for my buddy and his son. I told him anyone that can catch a fish that big can keep the rod and reel....I do believe he is "hooked"
Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 AM

fisher46 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Happy Fathers Day

I had the best fathers day weekend ever! I kicked the poop out of the shad on Friday, saturday and not so much Sunday. But, I t was still an awesome day. I losy count saturday morning. I evening got in a 20" female. Those fish fight like a bitbull with fins. I love my switch rod. There is no better tool for long drifts, big mends and long cast w/o trimming the bank bushes. YAH! Awesome weekend!