The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Southern Sweden

I will soon be making my annual pilgrimage to Sweden. I spend a month in the area around Jönköping, in the south. If familiar with the area, I will be staying in Hillinge. Finances are a bit tight this year so I won't be venturing north as far as I know, but I would love any help I could get on fishing in the area. The nearby lake, Vättern, is famous for its char and also has brown trout, but I'm not sure how accessible it is for a wading angler. I'm going to go crazy if I can't fish for the month. I would love to fish for trout or char or salmon, but pike are perfectly acceptable! Any help of any sort (places to look for more information, who to talk to, Im not asking for honey holes here but a fishing buddy would be fantastic!) would be most appreciated!

Thanks guys!

A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southern Sweden

A.J.: I can't help but your trip sure sounds like fun, I hope someone on the forum can provide some insight into the local fishing scene for you. Good luck!

Larry