The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: caught my first 20+ inch brookie

Diver Dan! where you been man? How's the back doing? This thread is already chewed up anyhow so long time no read! Nice brookie by the way lightly breaded, sauted in butter, or blackened?
Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 PM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

"When I was a child I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things."
-I Corinthians 13:11
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Diver Dan! where you been man? How's the back doing? This thread is already chewed up anyhow so long time no read! Nice brookie by the way lightly breaded, sauted in butter, or blackened?
Howdy WT! It's been a hectic summer. For a while there it looked like God was taking potshots at my family. I half expected it to start raining frogs. The back is still screwed up as a soup sandwich. They are going to make me take them to court to get it fixed. Still managing to get some fishing in here and there. Not as much as I should be able to do living right on the river and all. Things seem to be calming back down now so I should be able to get more fishing in and be back around here a bit more as well. Hope your summer is going well.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Good as it can be in this freaky weather, its good to see your little green light on again. I hope your back problems get sorted out and you get more time on the water but atleast you're still getting out when you can.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 PM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about

Guys
if its legal its within his rights to keep and kill it. I kept and killed a 21" wild Brown in 1987 to have it mounted. Since then I've had a change of attitude and have released numerous fish over 20" including my biggest fish to date a 8lb 24" Rainbow. If you thinks its a bad thing to keep fish then you should start working your state congressmen and state Dept of natural resources to change the laws.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
If it's legal I'm ok with it. If not, it's poaching. Pretty simple. If the species is in trouble, then the knotheads that write the rules should protect them with the regs...seems to me...
exactly, as long as its legal then its all good. regulations are there for a reason, and im sure they account for whats good for the river/fish at that time.