The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Location: Located in the western reaches of Boca Raton, Fl, a mere mile from the rim of the Everglades
bocamike is on a distinguished road
Default Still struggling..... how to add photo to post

As i struggle to add photos to my posts, I learn that Photobucket is one method, and then I hear and saw that pics can be uploaded to a created album here in the member section of this forum. I see the recent photos in the member section, so now my question is to ask if a picture posted in my personal album in the member section can then be captured and posted in a post where for example, I need to ask help to identify a fly pattern in my tackle box. I'm sure I can upload my pictures to an album created in the member section. Is it possible then to use one of those pictures in my album as an insert in a post?

I don't particularly wish to struggle with Photobucket if I can escape it.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Still struggling..... how to add photo to post

Mike,

The second link I placed on your other post should get you through the Gallery to Forum posting procedure. If you continue having problems the best I can do is offer to connect with you via Skype and perhaps talk you through an image transfer.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-27-2012, 04:42 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

photobucket type services are much much easier and best in my opinion (i use imageshack.us
you upload a photo on there, it give you DIRECT LINK,, copy that link
then when posting on this forum in your post right above text im typing now, there's little yellow icon that looks like Mountain w/ Sun thats an icon for IMAGE. click on it, and paste your DIREcT LINK and whoallla

link from imageshack: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1011/p6241103.jpg
same link pasted in the little PHOTO Icon
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:19 PM

Location: Located in the western reaches of Boca Raton, Fl, a mere mile from the rim of the Everglades
bocamike is on a distinguished road

Thanks to those who have already responded to my photo upload dilemma. As regards the attached picture, I was amazed when last August my wife and I chose Gatlinburg, Tn as a vacation destination, and while there I hired a guide for my first trout fishing experience. In that half-day episode, I was baffled when the guide seemed beside himself that he had managed a dozen catches for me. Truth is that the second largest fish was approximately as pictured in your photo, the larger one barely a "keeper" in my books. In fact, of the dozen trout caught that afternoon, eleven would not even qualify as "bait" here in our off-shore fisheries. I have to ask: is trout fishing typically representative of the size of fish you have pictured here? I hope this is no offense to those trout fishermen and women here, but I felt no real accomplishment by bagging such small specimens of fish.

Another lesson learned (as I practice to efficiently accomplish 70 - 80 foot fly casts required for salt flats here, as well as in local bass lakes), it was really a shock to learn the required distance in my first trout experience was actually not a cast, but merely an exercise of stripping off about 15 feet of line outside the rod and simply roll-casting or flipping that little fly over to some rushing water in the stream.

Again, this was my first exposure to trout fishing. Is that really what it is all about?

Again, thanks for the information regarding photo posting. I need to absorb and try to follow the instructions. I'll report back with my results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl View Post
photobucket type services are much much easier and best in my opinion (i use imageshack.us
you upload a photo on there, it give you DIRECT LINK,, copy that link
then when posting on this forum in your post right above text im typing now, there's little yellow icon that looks like Mountain w/ Sun thats an icon for IMAGE. click on it, and paste your DIREcT LINK and whoallla

link from imageshack: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1011/p6241103.jpg
same link pasted in the little PHOTO Icon
Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

No Mike, trout can be very large. When fishing small streams in the the Appalachian Mountains you may find many young fish like the one pictured but there are trout that grow to very appreciable size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-27-2012, 07:27 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

i actually just started Fly Fishing.
fish in above pic is absolutely NOT a keeper,
but being in SoCal (los angeles area) i take what i can get w/out having to drive few hours.
to me its the experiance. big or small its still fun to just cast .

this was my very first Trout on my first day of fishing, i kept that one for dinner
Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Bocamike, I would try uploading straight to your NAFFF gallery and skip the middleman, so to speak. I am fairly new to this stuff as well, and got the hang of it after loading to my gallery. Now I'm doing p-bucket, video, and scans of old prints like the one below, which I loaded straight to my gallery w/o resizing. milt. Click the image to open in full size.