The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 02:59 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default what fly gear did ya get for x-mas!

anyone get anything good this year? I made out great! I got a pair of breathable waders and a pair of hip waders, I got a full color page book on fly tying,under armour cold gear and a new digital camera so I can take close ups of my flys I tied. plus the planet earth dvd collection. also got a fly box and a 50 dollar gift card for gander mountain! happy holidays for me I guess!!!! was anyone else as lucky?

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: what fly gear did ya get for x-mas!

Hi George,

You really made out well. I got a new digital camera, a tripod and a new kitten. Won't get the new cat until January.

Frank
Old 12-25-2007, 03:46 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

awesome gifts frank! ya I was pretty surprised I got all of the stuff. one things for sure! at least it will all get its fair share of use this year!!

Old 12-25-2007, 05:27 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Hi George,

Sounds like you made out like a bandit. Maybe because Ohio is closer to the North Pole than Houston, Santa had to offload a lot of extra gifts he was having to carry back .

Like Frank, I also got a kitten (from my daughter - guess who really wanted the kitten ). Wasn't looking for an extra dependent, but there'll sure be entertainment when I get out my Echo practice rod later!

But the gift which really made my day was a brand new Sage Z-Axis 11-foot 7-weight 4-piece. Now just have to figure out how to "switch" cast!

Merry Christmas!
Neil
Old 12-25-2007, 07:10 PM

a new rod is always a great present!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:50 PM

Icemanf4i is on a distinguished road

Nice George!!!!

I got a cabelas stowaway 5pc, 5wt rod and reel, for backpacking, a trout unlimited bighorn float tube, new bootie waders and boots, some polar fleece, some new danner pronghorn boots for chuckar season, a hodgeman chest rig, and some flies and a fly box to keep them in. Since this is my 2nd season my wife wanted me to have my own stuff instead of borrowing my cousins. lucky me for having a awesome wife.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:55 PM

ya man now thats some presents!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 10:04 PM

rebelfly is on a distinguished road

I got a 9' 4 piece 6wt Sage z-axis rod , a 9' 4 piece 5wt Sage z-axis rod, A fly rod and reel luggage carrier by Orvis, assorted tools, Lamson 2 Hard Alox reel with two spare spools, and a new net. All in all, a pretty good haul. Glad to hear everyone else had a great Christmas.

Good news on the kitten Frank.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:11 PM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi George,

You really made out well. I got a new digital camera, a tripod and a new kitten. Won't get the new cat until January.

Frank
Frankie:

Let me guess since you are not getting the kitten until Jan local breeder of specialty cats? I have my youngest daughter's two oldsters.

My presents were 1 gig ram for laptop...st croix musky blank...the sale Stu Apte Diamondback 8 wt from Cortland...an old model orvis vortex 6 with USA on the foot to go on it...cat grooming brushes from my daughter so that I can properly maintain her cats until she finally graduates from her six year plan...

Ray
Old 12-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Wow, that was a haul! Curious why you wanted both a nine foot 6-weight & a 5-weight Z-Axis?