The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 07:04 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice
Default Fly fishing in Bosnia, in the heart of Europe

Hi !!
Come back from a 6 days trip in Bosnia Herzegovina, a top fly fishing destination in the center of Europe (about 500 km east of Italy).

The rivers are crystal clear, and there is a lot of fish (browns and grayling) but fishing is quite difficult (n° 16 to 22 dry flies, with 7X leader)

Click the image to open in full size.

It's a private fishing on Ribnik river, and it's 40€/day, in No Kill program on about 4 miles of river.

If you're interested in this destination, please contact me

See you

Last edited by ben664; 03-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:18 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fly fishing in Bosnia, in the heart of Europe

Looks like a great trip Ben! Maybe on my next trip over to Europe I'll have to make a stop there...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Looks like a great trip Ben! Maybe on my next trip over to Europe I'll have to make a stop there...
Hi A.J. !!

Sure !! execpt the daily fishing ticket, (40€), the food and accomodation is cheap in Bosnia (you can eat for $6, and 1/2 board just in front of the river for $35 a day !)
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sweden, where I am now, is very expensive, on the other side of the coin. I wish the food and board, but most importantly the beer, was cheaper! Fishing is far cheaper overall in the US, which is nice for me since I fish in a number of states, but I only pay about $100 dollars overall for a number of licenses annually, so definitely cheaper than 40 euro a day.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Benlooks like you had a good time there...glad you enjoyed yourselfI'm going to Austria on 8th...
Old 07-01-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Sweden, where I am now, is very expensive, on the other side of the coin. I wish the food and board, but most importantly the beer, was cheaper! Fishing is far cheaper overall in the US, which is nice for me since I fish in a number of states, but I only pay about $100 dollars overall for a number of licenses annually, so definitely cheaper than 40 euro a day.
Yes you're right ! 40€ a day IS expensive....but here, in south Europe, if you want goods rivers, you have to pay...or go in Norway or Sweden, or better, oversea....
Old 07-01-2012, 09:04 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

One day....Yes, one day, I will be there.....Common Gator get yer act together and lets GO!! LOLOL

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 AM

More pics

Last browni of the trip

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Hi Benlooks like you had a good time there...glad you enjoyed yourselfI'm going to Austria on 8th...
Hi JP !! Hope you'll have great fishing in Austria !!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben664 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly
Hi JP !! Hope you'll have great fishing in Austria !!
I should Ben and....je boirai une bonne bière à ta santé
Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Those are some HUGE grayling! Very nice. Many of my neighbors are from Bosnia, none of them have ever mentioned fishing much. One guy apparently was a pro soccer player over there before he moved state side.

Storm Drain Bonefisher