The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Experience Points defined?

I was just looking around in the user CP area at all the statistics, points, etc stuff that I really have never paid much attention to. But then I noticed that I lost 3 points and became curious. I could find a definition on how the points are earned (or lost) and what it all means.

I guess I'm just bored tonight, not that any of it really matters much, but can someone explain this? I don't look at the forum as a competition, but I also certainly do not want to saying things that somehow offend anyone enough to be "penalized".
Old 07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Experience Points defined?

John,

I am not an authority on the system but I may be able to help a little. Points are awarded automatically by the software system that records every interaction of a registered member. They are gained when you post, when you place pictures in albums or on threads. Conversely, they can be lost when you delete something such as a post or remove a photo previously pasted from a thread. For instance, if you were to remove photos from a photo account for instance, your picture would disappear from the thread you had it on and thus you would lose some points.

When you give a member 'Reputation points', you are awarded points for using the reputation system here also. When people view a thread you post and comment on it...... you earn view points. If someone comments to a post and then removes the comment. you lose the points.

As nearly as I can tell the system will measure the size of text you post and award more points for longer text posts as well. So, there are many ways we earn points through our activities here. There is no element of competition, it is the software program recording the activities of the members. There are awards that are automatically given for high activity levels but I (for instance) am opted out of the award system here. I do still like it when someone Reps one of my posts because I try hard to provide good clear answers or advice to the members here. The Rep system is the only way we know that efforts are appreciated.

If many of you members were to check your 'User Control Panel' you will find that by scrolling down you can see who has given you Reputation Points. In all likelihood you may find that I have repped something you wrote here. The positive Rep is where the little green boxes on your member information comes from.

Hope that helps,

Ard
williamhj likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-12-2012, 11:23 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Experience Points defined?

Thanks Ard. That makes sense, I deleted a couple photos after looking at the post.