I have had several Orvis vest and they were all well made. I really like the Simm's Guide Vest but they are not cheap especially the G3. Here are some of the features I look for in a vest:
1. A metal ring on back of the neck to hang a net from.
2. A compartment on the back to keep lunch or rain jacket.
3. A shorty vest if you wade deep.
4. Nylon material that breaths.
5. Zippers on the lower front pockets that go all the way down on the center end. This allows you to remove a fly box with out un-zipping the whole compartment.
6. Built in zinger compartments.
7. A built in compartment where you can clip your forceps hanging upside down.
8. Inside pocket with chain to hold scissors sheath.
9. A front chest pocket big enough to hold leaders in the package.
10. A padded collar.
11. A D-Ring to hang floatant bottle up side down.
12. A green, tan, or blue color, I prefer green.
13. You can never have enough D-rings or spots to hang zingers. If you hang Zingers on a thin nylon vest you should have a heavier material on the back of the vest to support the Pin.
These are thing I have found useful on a vest.
Simm's Guide G3
Simm's Classic Guide Vest
Orvis Classic Tac-L-Pac
Orvis Super Wading Tac-L-Pac