The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 AM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: looking for a 10wt for saltwater

TB:

POV price for the salt Sage Loomis and Winston used and you live a a hot spot for used good stuff ...you can touch it and examine...used...if I lived where you lived I look for a used Loomis Pro 10 wt one piece...carry it a homemade schedule 40 pvc case
Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefish41 View Post
TB:

POV price for the salt Sage Loomis and Winston used and you live a a hot spot for used good stuff ...you can touch it and examine...used...if I lived where you lived I look for a used Loomis Pro 10 wt one piece...carry it a homemade schedule 40 pvc case
BF41,

its a little tuff to find good used rods down here. If there is one or two around they usualy get scooped up fairly quickly. I have a friend of mine that has a 3pc 11wt pre-shimano loomis that he is looking to get rid of. I might be able to pick this one up for a song or at least a few hundred hand tied(I hope)
Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

TB, migth that 11wt be their old Nautilus series? Those were awfully pretty rods. Stout as all hell if I remember correctly too.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:16 PM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrillinger223 View Post
BF41,

its a little tuff to find good used rods down here. If there is one or two around they usualy get scooped up fairly quickly. I have a friend of mine that has a 3pc 11wt pre-shimano loomis that he is looking to get rid of. I might be able to pick this one up for a song or at least a few hundred hand tied(I hope)
TB: It's somewhat deadtime for the big action in the keys have you thought of "riding" the fly shops in dade broward asking for used maybe some of their customers are wanting to trade up but need to get rid of their old rod first??or there's for sale or their shop boards or heading down 1 looking for used in the keys... shops might have a guide or two looking to new up for this coming season and he might have a 10 or 11 in good shape for good price...for me if the guides are good the blank solid maybe some non-structural scratches and the price is right under 200 then dirty cork nicked cork or beat up seat no big deal as long as functional...keep looking right place and the right time...I called a shop looking for a 10 wt did not have but said he's got a winston xtr three piece 12 wt just shop casted the customer custom ordered a 12 wt with no butt and a nickel silver rosewood seat for bass fishing? did not like it's feel...how much? $175.00 got it and fashioned a fighting butt ...keep looking you will find one or two or three...
Old 01-04-2008, 09:40 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Cliff,

Not sure, he is in the Carribbean now (either U.S.V.I or B.V.I or F.W.I) he works on a 150' yacht, they left here at the beginning of Dec. and wont be back till April. wich kinda sucks, he is down there fishing his head off and I am stuck ordering engineering parts for him. Thats all right though, he might be tarpon fishing in the carribbean but I am snook and redfish catching here in Flamingo E.N.P.!!! If I can stay out of the office long enough....

BF41,

It definitely sounds like a plan, I am going to give Franco (biscayne bay flyshop) a call and see if he has any "oldie goldies" looking for a new home. I had another thought wile i was sitting here.....flea markets, garage sales and stuff. here is to hoping.