The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   New line flinger here (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/291747-new-line-flinger-here.html)

medic77 07-19-2012 06:35 PM

New line flinger here

Just wanted to say hey to everyone and am very ready to learn from the members here. Fairly new to the fly fishing game for the last 2 years but have jumped in with both feet. Hope your ready for some way to obvious questions.

I have a love for traditional archery has led me to this new journey. It only seems like a logical progression. Have a great one and look forward to meeting all of you.
Derrick

gatortransplant 07-19-2012 06:41 PM

Re: New line flinger here

Welcome to the forum Derrick, I'm sure you'll like it here! There's a lot to learn, but there's a lot of people here with plenty of experience to help you with that learning! What area of the country are you from?

Hardyreels 07-19-2012 08:56 PM

Hi Derrick,

We have some traditionalists here and your questions are more than welcome. Welcome to the forum,

Ard

mcnerney 07-19-2012 09:22 PM

Derrick: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading your questions, we will try our best to help you progress in your qwest to learn fly fishing.

Larry

medic77 07-19-2012 09:59 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm from Missouri, actually 30 miles south of the Home of the World Champion Stl Cardinals. Sorry, I had to throw that out there.

texastroutbum 07-20-2012 07:52 AM

Welcome Derrick to the forum. You will meet so many nice people here.

Having said that, congratulations to St. Louise. I am a hard core Texas Rangers fan, and your postscript remark breaks my heart. :ranting3:
But because I am one of the nice guys here and since you want to join in fly fishing I will forgive ya. Just joking. Welcome and if you want to visit Broken Bow, OK, please let me know I may offer some helps.

jpbfly 07-20-2012 12:21 PM

:welcomeanDerrick....:secret:Derrik is a kind of german Colombo...old people enjoy watching this series before or while ...having a nap:D

medic77 07-20-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texastroutbum (Post 472262)
Welcome Derrick to the forum. You will meet so many nice people here.

Having said that, congratulations to St. Louise. I am a hard core Texas Rangers fan, and your postscript remark breaks my heart. :ranting3:
But because I am one of the nice guys here and since you want to join in fly fishing I will forgive ya. Just joking. Welcome and if you want to visit Broken Bow, OK, please let me know I may offer some helps.

Honestly I still don't know how we won but the Rangers have reloaded nicely and are going to take it this year I believe.