The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 PM

fishindave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's wrong with people.?! Praying for the families of the CO movie theater shoo

He must not have been a fly caster...In my moments of temp. rage, I have gone to the local flat, and all is forgotten, and forgiven...My heart is heavy for these victims. In the place where I am at, death is inevitable, and at our doorstep at all times. To hear of something like this is just tragic. Can it be prevented? Maybe, will it happen again? Probably...Very sad.....I need to go cast...

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 07-21-2012, 01:18 AM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What's wrong with people.?! Praying for the families of the CO movie theater shoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Prayers sent, God bless.
With a very heavy heart, I just learned that Matt didn't make it. Thank you for your prayers.

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshane View Post
Prayers sent for your friend. May God be with him and all who are caring for him.
I just learned a few moments ago that Matt didn't make it. Thank you for your prayers.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Dayton Daily News : Local man shot, killed in theater shooting
Old 07-21-2012, 02:11 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscatorial_phd View Post
With a very heavy heart, I just learned that Matt didn't make it. Thank you for your prayers.

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:57 PM ----------

I just learned a few moments ago that Matt didn't make it. Thank you for your prayers.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

I am sorry to hear that. My prayer goes out to all who are affected by this incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscatorial_phd

Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM

txshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura about

So sorry for your loss. May God bless and comfort Matt's family and friends.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Very, very sad. I can only say that my thoughts are with all who are suffering at this time.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-21-2012, 03:19 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce m View Post
My thoughts are with all the family's there
We have become a very violent society, guess we always were but just seems to me that the 30 something and younger generation is just way over the top with the violence, not sure what to contribute it to.
Give your loved ones a hug and tell them you love them today before it's to late.
Not sure I agree, all be it you do have some close to valid points. Personally, I don't own a fire arm; had too much time with them in my hands 'back in the day.' And I was very good with 'those things.'

But lets keep our eye on the ball, as tragic as this 'one off' nut case may be (booby trapped 3 floor apartment!). There are something like 6 Million licensed hunters in the United States (that's the largest standing Army in the World) and when something 'odd off' happens, that's why it's news.

Why this fellow flipped out? Who knows, but I'm damned interested.

As to the family/friends of those effected; wish I had an answer as to 'why?' The 'what' is .. a lack of words here. But the 'why' is what I'd like to know.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:42 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts, prayers and condolences to all families involved in this tragedy. It seems your friend is a hero piscatorial, hopefully you and his family and friends will hold your heads high when you think of his selfless act.

After day of agony, families in Colorado get tragic confirmation - CNN.com
Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Been following the news these past couple days, really hard to believe. We drive by the theater on our way to work everyday and I was supposed to be working at the hospital that night. Instead I was home sick and my replacement ended up having a very difficult night. Hard to understand what would possess someone to do such a thing, very cold, callused, and likely some serious psychiatric issues.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

My prayers for the families of these innocent victims.

Dave