The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default What's wrong with people.?! Praying for the families of the CO movie theater shooting

Woke up this morning to have my wife tell me that 12 people were shot to death with dozens more injured at the screening of the new Batman movie in Denver.

Sending out my thoughts and prayers to those families involved and to anyone who knows anyone involved.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with people.?! Praying for the families of the CO movie theater shoo

Sad an frightening....the world is mad!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 PM

len s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's wrong with people.?! Praying for the families of the CO movie theater shoo

Some people want to be famous and they do not care how they get that way. His face is all over the news, his name on everyones lips, and the next dip&*^& is planning his "look at me moment"
Old 07-20-2012, 01:53 PM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about

A close friend and his fiance were both shot in the Aurora massacre. She was shot once in the leg and is expected to make a full recovery. My friend was shot in the chest, arm and abdomen and I am waiting to hear from his mother who just landed in Denver about his prognosis. For those who are believers, I would appreciate your prayers for not only these two, but all of the families.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I was very shocked to hear this news when I woke up. I'm sad to see how someone would do something like this. My prayers go out to those that were shot and there families.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditz View Post
The gun control folks will have a heyday.

I'm not a mod-- but still wanted to offer a warning: Your comment is borderline political-- There is a time and place-- and this is neither.

On a more fundamental level-- politicizing a tragedy like this is generally in poor taste.

Thoughts to all.

T.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:39 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

My thoughts are with all the family's there
We have become a very violent society, guess we always were but just seems to me that the 30 something and younger generation is just way over the top with the violence, not sure what to contribute it to.
Give your loved ones a hug and tell them you love them today before it's to late.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about

My heartfelt condolences to the families that were involved in the tragedy. My son lives out very close to Aurora and goes to high school out in the area. Luckily for me my son spends his summers with me. We just had one of his closest friends come out and stay with me and my son for a week. I havent heard back from him yet, I texted him after I heard the news. My son say's that he's ok and that his family have been online so he should be ok... I was upset all day, wondering if I would have to drive my son from So.Ca. to his home in Colorado to go to a funeral for someone that was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I still might have to cut my sons summer vacation short becuase of that. He's still here to be able to hug.. Many parents today can't do that.

Sean
Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM

txshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura abouttxshane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscatorial_phd View Post
A close friend and his fiance were both shot in the Aurora massacre. She was shot once in the leg and is expected to make a full recovery. My friend was shot in the chest, arm and abdomen and I am waiting to hear from his mother who just landed in Denver about his prognosis. For those who are believers, I would appreciate your prayers for not only these two, but all of the families.
Prayers sent for your friend. May God be with him and all who are caring for him.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscatorial_phd View Post

Prayers sent, God bless.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*