The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By planettrout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 12:38 PM

egsb is on a distinguished road
Default Help with Montana dream vacation

Hello all,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. My name is Sheree and I am a recent college graduate looking to take my dream vacation! I was hoping that some of you may point me in the correct direction for the best guide service for me. I have done online research and the number of guiding services out there can be overwhelming. Hopefully your local knowledge can point me in the right direction!
I am looking for a 4 day 5 night (possibly 5 and 6) all inclusive fly fishing trip in the yellowstone area; fishing the madison, yellowstone and others. A package that includes lodging, meals, guides, and equipment is the goal. I have found numerous companies that offer similar packages and just wanted to see if any of you have particular outfitters that would be a great fit.

Thank you for your time!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:51 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help with Montana dream vacation

Holy Cr@p, I'm jealous!

That is about all i have to offer, sorry. I could give the help you needed if you were coming to Oregon but i have yet to fish Montana. There are plenty of folks here who have and can help. Give it a few days for others to check back in.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Unless you have budgetary constraints, I would suggest you look at the Orvis endorsed lodges. You can find them pretty easily from the orvis.com website.

I have never been to Montana before, but I'll be there for the last week of August this year--we did have budgetary constraints, so we didn't go with an Orvis endorsed lodge. We wanted to, but we just couldn't make the money work.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:24 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

If there is a desire to remember this trip as the "once in a lifetime"...

These guys are the BEST !

Blue Ribbon Flies

I have been going up there since 1977 and have seen 'em all on the water...

PT/TB
mcnerney likes this.

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 07-22-2012, 11:30 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Sheree, welcome to the forum. You are a lucky dog, that is for sure! Four or five days guided and staying in lodge will be the trip of a lifetime. Since you have an area zeroed in on, I honestly don't think you'll go wrong with any all inclusive lodge you find. I mean it is a specialty trip, and you won't be let down. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:31 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sheree.
Welcome,I see you have done a search,hopefully some of our regulars will answer,one has just moved to Yellowstone,also there are quite a few others know it well.
There's quite a few Places you can stay in The Park.
I hope your Vocation goes well.
Brian.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:19 AM

rider14x is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your trip, it is going to be a fun one no matter which guides you choose. I am headed to Livingston next week and have some days booked with Yellowstone Angler. I know they aren't an all-inclusive lodge, but I'll give you a report when I get back.

Good luck!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

The Gallatin River Lodge is outstanding in the Bozeman area.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:45 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Here's a local outfitter that represents a number of places

Yellow Dog

You might tell them what you're looking for.. they might suggest one that would be a good fit
Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 PM

egsb is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, thanks for all of your excitement and help so far! I still haven't narrowed the search down to one yet but I am eagerly searching!