The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Can't make it up!

So with the heat, low water and total boredum driving me out of my head I decide that instead of watching the grass dry up I'd go and stand in the water and pretend I was fishing somewhere productive. I go to a different spot where a little creek dumps in and the water is a little cooler. Start working my way down the run hoping to find a hammer handle or smallie and feel bump bububump dead weight, what now. Start stripping in what I think is half a sycamore limb and low and behold I land a brand new 7' Shimano Sensilite with a Sedona reel complete with a twin tail chartruse jig!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't make it up!

I'm right there with you, the heat, the boredom, low water. On a positive note I have been tying flies, which is probably my favorite past time when I can't get out on a stream.

Sounds like you got a once in a lifetime catch there WT.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Brother I could open a second hand store with all the stuff I find on the Cuyahoga, especially below the water treatment plant. Too bad I can't find any willing fish!
piscatorial_phd likes this.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:52 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
So with the heat, low water and total boredum driving me out of my head I decide that instead of watching the grass dry up I'd go and stand in the water and pretend I was fishing somewhere productive. I go to a different spot where a little creek dumps in and the water is a little cooler. Start working my way down the run hoping to find a hammer handle or smallie and feel bump bububump dead weight, what now. Start stripping in what I think is half a sycamore limb and low and behold I land a brand new 7' Shimano Sensilite with a Sedona reel complete with a twin tail chartruse jig!
I can't believe you found my rod...

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Just kidding
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Luckily the person just before you was having so much trouble finding fish that they chucked their rod in the drink

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM

Funny thats exactly what I thought at first! I know I've been there a few times!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:23 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
I'm right there with you, the heat, the boredom, low water. On a positive note I have been tying flies, which is probably my favorite past time when I can't get out on a stream.
Word, i have sooo many flies now. Im gonna have to start throwing out old ones just because I dont have enough room, ha.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's a good find Bill

A few years ago I watched a guy trying to haul in a silver out on the Island. He snapped the fish off and then went berserk. At the culmination of his ranting he threw his fly rod and reel into the river and left I spent the evening dragging weighted flies along the bottom trying to snag into it but came up dry. You got a setup without even knowing it was there, it don't git no better

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM

Yeah it worked out pretty good, I gave it to my uncle as a belated birthday present. Now if I could only snag a Dickerson 8' 4wt with a 3" St George!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 AM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
That's a good find Bill

A few years ago I watched a guy trying to haul in a silver out on the Island. He snapped the fish off and then went berserk. At the culmination of his ranting he threw his fly rod and reel into the river and left I spent the evening dragging weighted flies along the bottom trying to snag into it but came up dry. You got a setup without even knowing it was there, it don't git no better
I took a distance casting competition winner to one of my favorite tree lined brooks for some flyfishing one day.