The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 AM

amateurforever is on a distinguished road
Default Reel blance on Hardy Zenith 8'6'' 5wt.

Hi

Does anyone have this rod? What's the reel you matched it with? The seller advised me to go for Hardy Ultralite DD 4000. I do not have the chance to try it by myself, although I believe what he says. But also would like to hear other people's experiences.

Thanks for replies in advanced
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reel blance on Hardy Zenith 8'6'' 5wt.

I find the DD to be a perfect partner for my Zenith 8'6"/#4. Another reel that works well too is the Nautilus FWX 5/6. I am using the SA "Textured" Trout Stalker with this rod which affords a very delicate deliver at all distances and the RIO Gold has proved a good match as well. Enjoy your great new rod.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I find the DD to be a perfect partner for my Zenith 8'6"/#4. Another reel that works well too is the Nautilus FWX 5/6. I am using the SA "Textured" Trout Stalker with this rod which affords a very delicate deliver at all distances and the RIO Gold has proved a good match as well. Enjoy your great new rod.

Thanks for the comment. There's a difference of weight of 1 oz between the two reels that you mentioned. Does the extra weight of Ultralite have a noticeable impact on the balance?

I'm happy that you confirm the Rio Gold, since that's what I ordered.

Cheers
Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

The 4000DD is a good call.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 AM

maxwell is on a distinguished road

My spouse and i get the DD becoming a excellent lover intended for my. One more baitcasting reel of which is effective too could be the Nautilus FWX 5/6. My business is using the SA "Textured" Trout Stalker using this fishing rod which often gives an incredibly gentle offer in any way distances and the RIO Precious metal offers proven a fantastic match as well. Appreciate your current modern fishing rod.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:17 AM

Thank you guys for all the thoughts. Can not wait to fish with that combo.

Tight lines!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell View Post
My spouse and i get the DD becoming a excellent lover intended for my. One more baitcasting reel of which is effective too could be the Nautilus FWX 5/6. My business is using the SA "Textured" Trout Stalker using this fishing rod which often gives an incredibly gentle offer in any way distances and the RIO Precious metal offers proven a fantastic match as well. Appreciate your current modern fishing rod.
What the hell did you just say?
Hardyreels, tfrank and hoyt3065 like this.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
What the hell did you just say?
LOL X2! Drinking while typing I suspect
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Look at Sweetandsalt's post- #2- and Maxwell's post. Something funny going on.
I think Maxwell's silver hammer came down on his own head. Bang bang.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM

Me 2 realized that perfect similarity, but to me it looked like someone has used Google translator! lol

I found it impolite to comment on the spelling and grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Look at Sweetandsalt's post- #2- and Maxwell's post. Something funny going on.
I think Maxwell's silver hammer came down on his own head. Bang bang.