The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 10:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Movie firsts

Well over the years more and more movies seem to have some fly fishing in them . Some are done well with good casting sequences and some are like a bad b level horror flick . There are good fish scenes and phony looking ones and there are phenomenal casters and fly swatters.
Today I saw some firsts . Watching "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen" there actually was a scene where a Sheik was rescued from assassination by a well placed snake cast from a Spey rod . And later in the movie two nice looking Spey outfits were thrown in a campfire . Don't know which was worse ? Haha!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-28-2012, 11:09 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Movie firsts

wow... good job hollywood..
argail likes this.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:47 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Was the 'Yemen' move any good ? I saw it listed on pay per view but haven't watched it yet. Wanted to hear from someone that had actually seen it as to how good it was.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 07-29-2012, 12:47 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
Was the 'Yemen' move any good ? I saw it listed on pay per view but haven't watched it yet. Wanted to hear from someone that had actually seen it as to how good it was.

Thanks,

Michael
Bit of a chick flick.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post

Thanks,

Michael

Wasn't terrible, but like mentioned, a bit of a chick flick. If you're bored one night it would be worth the rental, IMO.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:19 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I saw it in the theater. I kept wanting to hit "pause" to look at the scenery. I thought it was a good movie, but I anticipated a couple of the scenes before I walked into the theater.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 PM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough

Did PPV with the wife for "Yemen" was a bit of a chick flick, but with it being 100+ lately it did satisfy somewhat, plus it kept me from lurking on here, win win from the wife.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I saw it via redbox over the wknd. I'd call it not bad and I chuckled a few times at the biologist's smartarserry. But yes, the casting attempts were rather painful, not to mention that the cool underwater shots they had of schools of salmon were all pacific species while only Atlantics were involved in the plot.

The book on which its based is supposedly much better, and the kindle version is only $4 right now. I intended to read it first, but you see how that went.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:40 AM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

Chick flick? Yeah, maybe. It was pretty entertaining though, some of the back and forth banter was down right funny. I really don't understand why they threw the rod/reel(s) in the fire with the comment about not needing them again? What the hell was that about, no fishing left anywhere else?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

rating this movie 6.8 (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen)
I think for 9k people is ok+ close to 7.0 have not yet watched