The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 12:55 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough
Default catch of a lifetime

She was a good sport about it and we went back fishing after the ER visit to get it removed.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: catch of a lifetime

That was as close as you wanna get to having a real problem! Glad to see and hear that it's only a small puncture.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-30-2012, 01:11 PM

popperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Ouch!!.....to close for comfort , glad to see she is alright.
What a trooper!!

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Glad she's alright.

One more reminder why eye protection should ALWAYS be worn around anyone fly casting.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:50 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Time to go barbless.
gt05254 and woodrivertroutbum like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Wife got me on the back of my hand a few weeks ago, I am glad I crush all barbs before I tie my flies.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough

yeah it was the one fly i forgot to crush the barb on =\

but we got back out to the park (We were fishing in Rocky Mountain National Park - in the Morraine Park medow) and caught some fish and had a great day =)
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:41 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
(We were fishing in Rocky Mountain National Park - in the Morraine Park medow)
I love that section of the park.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-30-2012, 03:47 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see that she is alright. I was fishing a spillway yesterday catching a ton of fish back to back, of course the other fly fishers seen me from across the way and started making their way over to me. One guy gets about 5 feet from me and starts casting and hooks me in the neck with a size 6 streamer. Let's just say I wasn't too happy. After all of that, he kept fishing right next to me and hooked me AGAIN in the arm with a nymph. He kept fishing right on top of people all day long and didn't seem to have a problem with it. Some people...
Old 07-30-2012, 04:11 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Glad to see that she is alright. I was fishing a spillway yesterday catching a ton of fish back to back, of course the other fly fishers seen me from across the way and started making their way over to me. One guy gets about 5 feet from me and starts casting and hooks me in the neck with a size 6 streamer. Let's just say I wasn't too happy. After all of that, he kept fishing right next to me and hooked me AGAIN in the arm with a nymph. He kept fishing right on top of people all day long and didn't seem to have a problem with it. Some people...

You have more self control than I do! Hook me once, ok you are ignorant but things happen. Keep fishing that close to me AFTER you just hooked me, I will happily drag you back to your car so you can leave.