The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By adidas4275
  • 1 Post By Guest1
  • 1 Post By silver creek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you are looking for a waterproof camera

For today only a Panasonic Lumix Waterproof camera for $99.00 with free shipping. I have the predecessor camera and it is fantastic. I just ordered one for my step daughter.

Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix TS20 16.1 MP TOUGH Waterproof Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Orange): Camera & Photo Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix TS20 16.1 MP TOUGH Waterproof Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Orange): Camera & Photo

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS20 16MP Waterproof Camera for $99 + free shipping

$99
Today only, Amazon offers the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS20 16.1-Megapixel Digital Camera in Orange, model no. DMCTS20D, for $99 with free shipping. That's $34 under our June mention and the best shipped price we've ever seen. (It's also a current price low by $30). It's waterproof to 16 feet, shockproof to five feet, freeze-proof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit, and dust-proof. Features include a 2.7" LCD, 4x optical zoom, optical image stabilization, HD (720p) video capture, SDHC memory card slot, USB connectivity, and more.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 AM

adidas4275 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: If you are looking for a waterproof camera

isnt there a classified section?

btw I got a waterproof housing for my Nex-5n and 16mm prime lens for $100 on ebay. It was not that long ago that I was using a cheap disposable camera for underwater pictures. Got to love tech
Guest1 likes this.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have an Olympus stylus (not water proof) that took almost every photo you have ever seen me post. I just got a case for it that I can take it 40 meters deep with and operate it. How cool is that!
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidas4275 View Post
isnt there a classified section?

I'm not selling the camera.

It was a daily special on Amazon that I thought would interest the members. Sorry for the confusion.
TeddyBallgame09 likes this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

I have the olympus 800 tough...it's okay. Water/crush/freeze proof; HD video too. I've found it slow on startup and not a very 'fast' lens so it needs bright light for shots. Those last 2 things has me using my iphone 4s for shots instead (in water proof case). Dumb idea I know. I've already lost 1 iphone to water.

I'll checkout the panasonic if it's faster than the olympus.

Then again, adding a waterproof case to the canon rebel and a 50mm 1.4 lens might be a way to go except that setup may be too heavy. Maybe a good kit for a boating trip.

Thanks for the info...got lots more to think about.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:48 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

The new Nikon underwater unit rated poorly in a new review appearing on Imaging Resource. The Panasonic won the comparrison test on Digital Photography Review. Though I have and continue to shoot Nikon DSLR's, we bought the Lumix and have gotten very acceptable above and below water images with it.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
The new Nikon underwater unit rated poorly in a new review appearing on Imaging Resource. The Panasonic won the comparrison test on Digital Photography Review. Though I have and continue to shoot Nikon DSLR's, we bought the Lumix and have gotten very acceptable above and below water images with it.

Here are two reviews of the Lumix. Retail is $379.99 so the Amazon $99.00price was a deal.

Panasonic Lumix TS3 2012 - TopTenREVIEWS

Review of Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 (Lumix DMC-FT3): Digital Photography Review

Silver

Old 08-11-2012, 02:43 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
I'm not selling the camera.

It was a daily special on Amazon that I thought would interest the members. Sorry for the confusion.
No confusion on my part; and that's one hell of a deal. The colour I could do without, but you'll never 'misplace' the thing.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 PM

adidas4275 is on a distinguished road

this is the case I have for my Sony Nex-5n

Works very well! I love the small POS form factor of the mirrorless cameras! 16mp, interchangeable lenses and a $100 water proof case.

you do need to watch for fog