The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 09:28 PM

hal_sch has a spectacular aura abouthal_sch has a spectacular aura about
Default 'lil fly girl

Tonight my daughter wanted to go play at the park so I said ok. After a while she got bored and asked if I could teach her to fly fish. I had to jump at the chance to have a fishing buddy. After a few minutes of coaching she got roll casting down pretty good so I let her try for real.

And here are the results.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm a very proud dad. She also told me "Dad, I like fly fishing"
recriger likes this.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'lil fly girl

A very good story... Moments such as these will sustain you later in life.

You're a good dad.

Dave
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Dad! Best feeling! Taught 3 girls and a boy and they all liked it! Congrats man got yourself a partner!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, a fishing buddy for life!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Just seen this on NEFGA, where about in Nebraska are you? I'm in Sidney. Glad to see that your daughter is taking an interest in the sport!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 AM

hal_sch has a spectacular aura abouthal_sch has a spectacular aura about

I'm clear on the other side of the state.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

That is stellar! The desire, the hard work, and the payoff...it just doesn't get better!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM

recriger will become famous soon enough

Lucky man! How old is she? It is probably a number of years before I try with my baby girl (just turned 3). Not sure what age is reasonable, but I'm looking forward to it. She already has a little Barbie spincaster that she plays with. Gotta start simple, then work up.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

great pics...lovely daughter you gotcatching a fish so quickly is outstanding...she's going to be a champ!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Well done. Now that I have children of my own, my best fishing memories are with them. Below is my son with a small cutty on a Tenkara Rod. tenkara is so easy for kids to pick up. We had both single hand rods and Tenkara on this trip. My son actually out fished me. "My excuse is that I spent all my time helping him...."
We saw a black bear, a rattlesnake, and lots of small fish..... all in all, it was a great trip and created many amazing memories. We should all be lucky enough to teach a youngster how to fish.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com