The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM

ranger1 is on a distinguished road
Default which rods

ive come down to 3 rods.im just wondering which one to u think i should get.a sage vantage,orvis clearwater 2,vision cult.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

and a greys streamflex 5 weight
Old 08-16-2012, 05:23 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which rods

Without knowing where you're located, what you're fishing for, or your experience level, I'll say get the Sage. It's made in the USA, and is a very good for anglers with little or lots of experience.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

are you buying used?
because Clearwater II is now Clearwater,
i have Clearwater 905-4 and its great. but its also my first rod so i dont have much to compare to.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Might be able to get a deal on the sage Vantage because if I am not mistaken, the are discontinuing them.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:45 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Beulah Classic, Redington Classic Trout, Allen Myth,

Or put all the names in a hat, pick out one and go with that. There are people who are happy fishing each model you listed. They all like them for different reasons.

If you can actually cast the rods listed then spend some time with each of them and pick one based on which one works best for you. Then you know you got the right one for you. Which is the only thing that really matters.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

you can find sage flight rods on sale now if you look around. thats a nice rod for a sweet price.
Sage: Flight 2 Piece Fly Rod, 4wt, 9 foot
good luck

casey

ARFE
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 AM

ranger1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Without knowing where you're located, what you're fishing for, or your experience level, I'll say get the Sage. It's made in the USA, and is a very good for anglers with little or lots of experience.
i will be fishing mostly rivers and stiilwaters