The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By MoscaPescador
  • 1 Post By nickel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 AM

roadkill1948 is on a distinguished road
Default Wading shoe size adjuster

Without waders, my wading shoes are way too large. I made some "thick" insoles from cheap flip-flops. Just cut off the straps and in my case, they fit in the shoes. Now, without waders - a thin pair of socks, the flip-flop insoles and I'm good to go. Your mileage may vary.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

When I'm not in the waders, I use neoprene socks with the wading boots.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have some wading boots that are too tight to wear with waders, but still too large for just socks.
As roadkill does, they get an extra insole of foam, but just not as thick
Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 AM

roadkill1948 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I was too cheap to buy the neoprene socks. BTW, I got to see the Pindedale homecomming parade last year. A buddy and I had lunch in Pinedale on our way to Meadow Lake. Good memories.... Thanks for the reminder
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+1 here.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I'm not in waders, I drink Dos Equis.

Stay thirsty my friend.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill1948 View Post
I was too cheap to buy the neoprene socks. BTW, I got to see the Pindedale homecomming parade last year. A buddy and I had lunch in Pinedale on our way to Meadow Lake. Good memories.... Thanks for the reminder
Roadkill: I've only been up to Meadow lake once, had two strikes, missed them both and then got run off the water with a big Thunderstorm. I need to get back up there, it certainly is a pretty location and a chance at a Grayling makes it all the better. I still need to explore Burnt lake, just too much water around here to hit it all in one summer. LOL!
If you get back in this area give me a shout and maybe we can hit some water together.

I think Dennis might have a good plan (Dos Equis)!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I have a pair of "store bought" neoprene socks, but I also own a pair of "home made" as well.
They were repurposed from a pair of old neoprene waders.
Not only did I get the socks out of the deal, but also a pair of gaiters, a set of knee pads, plus the foam that I use for the insole of my wading boots.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:50 PM

TeddyBallgame09 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Wading shoe size adjuster

One of my favorite, (and now seemingly impossible to find except in Elven sizes, for the well-heeled, eBay-surfing Lilliputian crowd...) pairs of wading boots ever is my Cloudveils.
They actually came with 2 sets of inserts, one for thinner-socked wet-wading endeavors and the other for stockingfooted waders.

They are light, durable and have seen a good bit of both salt and freshwater action and they're still in terrific shape.

It is a shame Cloudveil bowed out of the flyfishing business...several of my favorite pieces of gear bear their name/logo.

Anyway...glad your system works well for your needs...
All the best,
TB09
Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame09 View Post
One of my favorite, (and now seemingly impossible to find except in Elven sizes, for the well-heeled, eBay-surfing Lilliputian crowd...) pairs of wading boots ever is my Cloudveils.
They actually came with 2 sets of inserts, one for thinner-socked wet-wading endeavors and the other for stockingfooted waders.

They are light, durable and have seen a good bit of both salt and freshwater action and they're still in terrific shape.

It is a shame Cloudveil bowed out of the flyfishing business...several of my favorite pieces of gear bear their name/logo.

Anyway...glad your system works well for your needs...
All the best,
TB09
Have to agree on the Cloudveil gear! I have two pairs of their crystal creek waders and they have been bombproof! I once put my waders in the dryer after applying Revivex and the seam tape on the neoprene bootie melted and seperated....thought I was doomed! I applied aquaseal to the seam and duct tape over it from the inside and have not had a leak..that was 3 yrs ago.

Cloudveil...bring back your fishing apparel department!
TeddyBallgame09 likes this.