The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrible Customer Service from Versitex (Gudebrod Supplier)

I think your fine, if it was too inflammatory, Ard/Larry/Frank would have already pulled it for the reasons Ard mentioned.
Just MHO but I believe Ard was referring more to the post made about censorship.

I think as long as your point is made with the opening post and not expounded upon over and over, your good to go and you have nothing to worry about.
fredaevans likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 PM

5shot is on a distinguished road

Got it...thanks
Old 08-25-2012, 12:20 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by addni View Post
Guess free speech has gone out the window in the good old USA.
No such thing on a privately owned forum/website. That is quite common knowledge too.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:23 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by addni View Post
Guess free speech has gone out the window in the good old USA.

I think you need to read up on your history and what "Free Speech" actually means.

The short story is that it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what is allowed in a private home, business, or other (this forum being a cross between business and other).

You can not come into my house and talk stuff I don't want to hear, I can and will kick you to the curb.

You can not come into my business with a stupid 99 percenter sign and protest me, I can and will kick your filthy backside to the curb.

This "Free Speech", 1st amendment thing ONLY APPLIES TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT or any other government that has it as part of their constitution.

This forum has no connection to the federal government or any other and thus is a private enterprise possessing the right to kick your backside to the curb or censor your posts any time they want to.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:25 AM

addni is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your post Ard, very much full of reason and perspective. I'll admittedly hold up my hand and grant you the fact that, of course, my post was in frustration and not without reason. As I mentioned in there, as did others, my dispute appeared to be a one off.

As with any dispute, there are always two sides to the story. In my case, the facts however contradict opinions and as such it probably would have been best left in quiet.

The admin's are of course within their right to yank my post if they feel that I have overstepped boundaries. I will point out that people regularly do so on this and other forums.

Forums inherently invite the good and bad as one cannot exsist without the other, and lest we forget, we are still human beings with all their infallibilties.

"There is nothing human about making mistakes. It is most human to admit you have made a mistake"

- Unknown
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

There have always been both pro and con "rants" on this and other sites. I like to read them, I think others do too. I never miss a chance to dog companies that have shafted me (Black and Decker) and when you get a great product/service the provider should get some word-of-mouth benefit.
Sure, we don't want the FFing content to get bogged down in venting, but there is some valuable info to be had in posts like these.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 PM

adidas4275 is on a distinguished road

completely agreed. On other forums I belong to there are many companies that monitor forums like this to gauge enthusiast pulse on their items...

I have seen many times where a user posts a negative review or CS experience only to get the companies attention and they make good on the issue, leading to the same user posting a positive review.

To me this is one of the most important uses of an online forum.

of course we all have to understand that we only hear one side of an issue and that people can lie, but the more information a consumer has the better choice they can make.

this is only my opinion based on experiences I have had with online forums and customers.

I have written online reviews for Missingremote.com and have beta tested hardware in the past.

Not directly applicable to fishing, but definitely to online forums/communities