The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 03:38 PM

rkymtn is on a distinguished road
Default Another New NAFFF Member Hello

Greetings everyone!

It seems that most every time I have a FF question and submit it on Google search, I end up here. I appreciate the posts you all have made and figure I might be able to contribute something of value or at least offer some unused equipment I have "collected" when i first go into this hobby and wanted to try everything to find what i liked best. So, keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds for some of my Sage, Winston, Leonard, Ross, etc.

I like fishing small streams best, as I like to hike and explore and then use my 2wt 6.5' Winston to see what is living in the little pools in streams. I enjoy the technical casting in tight places, too. I pretty much like high performance compact tools. I EDC a Chris Reeve Knives Ti-Lock and Klarus MiX6 flashlight. I really like and favor my Sig P238 and Steyr Scout rifle, too. I guess it comes from my joy of exploration (hiking, mountain biking) and need to keep things compact and light.

FF equipment-wise, pretty much favor faster actions (but also like playing with bamboo and fiberglass, too). My rod preference is Sage (SP - no wind, XT - windy days, SLT - the in-between) and Winston, and I predominantly use Ross reels. No real preference on line, other than weight forward.

Looking forward to some good tips and critical thinking.

Cheers!

Eric
Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Another New NAFFF Member Hello

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum. You can ask and answer all the questions you want here. My advice on the gear would be to spend some time posting so that our membership doesn't think you joined just to sell stuff. We have many people who register and follow up with 20 very inconsequential posts just to list items for sale. By giving an introduction I don't think that is your purpose and I hope you enjoy the forum.

If you click the 'Forums' on the menu bar atop the page here you can see that we are full of sub forums and regional forums as well.

Welcome to the group,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the gang.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.

Be sure and try the search feature, there is a treasure trove of good info hidden in there.

Dave
Old 09-05-2012, 07:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum eric!
feel free to share some of your stories/pics

casey

ARFE
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM

double dry is on a distinguished road

Hey Eric. Look forward to your insight.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Eric,

Welcome to this fantastic forum. You can find so many interesting threads and pictures that you can read for a couple of days until you just have a rough overview

THORSTEN
Old 09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Eric....you may have already noticed there are members from all over the world on this forumtons of infos,lots of helpful guys and gals here
Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eric: Welcome to the forum, I can't wait to read about your fly fishing adventures on those small mountain streams!

Larry

Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Eric,All I can say is,From Australia A BIG
Brian