The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 AM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird
Default Fishy Stories

I guess probably many people have already read this article about "Beware of Fishy Stories".

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fl...y-stories.html

You know few (I am not saying many, just few) would say that they have their biggest catch that got away kind of stories. I actually know someone used to be my friend but not anymore. He likes to brag about his catches and goes on and on. Then one day, he asked his wife to post a picture of a big fish (striped bass) with him holding it. Claimed that its one of his big catch ever. I know he never heads to the Atlantic shore nor any boat (ever) that he could land a big fish. What I am trying to say its fishy at its best. That's the only catch that he claimed to be his but he never brags about it. The picture of him is on the FB and people fall for his crazy delusional stunts. LOL

Fast forward, I asked his wife about the biggest catch, I was told that really it was just bought from a fish market and he decided to make it like its his catch. Boo!!

So I hope he gets nab one day for faking any of his made up stories. He should read this article.

Last edited by BlueBird; 09-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.