The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree196Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

One more than when I first replied to this thread. The funny thing is lately I have been thinking I have too many rods, especially 4wts and should sell a few that I don't use very often. Next thing I know, I just ordered another 4 wt. My name is Rich and I am an addict.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
One more than when I first replied to this thread. The funny thing is lately I have been thinking I have too many rods, especially 4wts and should sell a few that I don't use very often. Next thing I know, I just ordered another 4 wt. My name is Rich and I am an addict.
Yeah right. I bought 3 rods just this week and my rational was that if I didn't like them, I'll just turn right around and sell them....
. like that's ever going to happen !
noreaster likes this.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

13 (Sort of. See below)

Sage Z-Axis 5 wt 8'6"
Redington CPX 3 wt 9'
St Croix Avid 4 wt 9'
St Croix Legend Ultra 2 wt 7'6"
St Croix Imperial 2 wt 6'
Gladding Glass (40 yrs old?) 8'
Cabela's/Cahill 5 wt 9'
And last: 6 of Eagle Claw Black Eagle 5 wt 8'6"

If you haven't tried one of these WalMart Black Eagles, I recommend you spend the $19.76 and get one for yourself. They are amazing rods for under $20. I've beaten them up severely and only broke the tip off one when I caught it in the truck door. Otherwise they are all still fine.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:47 PM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

edit.......

Last edited by bradyb; 08-22-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:34 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

My collection has grown by 3 since I first made this post. It's good but it's not pretty.
Redington 4wt. CT 8'0
Allen 3wt. 10'
Allen 3wt. 6'6"
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

It is amazing how many fly rods i have managed to acquire in a relatively short period of time...

4wt- Bass Pro Shops Hobbs Creek
4wt- Echo Carbon
5wt- Sage Flight
6wt- Echo Ion
7wt- Echo Ion
8wt- Echo 3
8/9wt- Temple Fork NXT
12wt- Echo S3

I have given away two starter rods. One was my very first useable fly rod, a Redington Red.fly 2 6wt. It went to a cousin just getting started in fly fishing

The other was my Redington Crosswater 8wt. It went to a cousin who didnt have an 8wt.

I have two bamboo fly rods. One adorns my wall as a decoration with an old Medalist reel. The other is a Heddon rod, approximately a 7wt i was told.
noreaster likes this.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Whoops, looks like a 10wt Sage Flight is going to be joining the stable this week.
noreaster likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-31-2012, 04:52 AM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

I forgort my speys

1- 12'6" 6 wt Batson rain shadow Loop classic reel
1- 13'3" 8 wt Batson rain shadow Loop classic reel
1- 13'6" 9 wt Batson rain shadow Loop classic ree
noreaster likes this.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 AM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about

My list recently shrank. I was Salmon fishing this fall on an annual trip. I also trout fish on this trip so i had some trout rods in the truck. I was night fishing and the truck got broken into and i lost a Zenith 8x4, a Zenith 9x5, and a superfine touch 7'9x5. Lost a couple reels too, English made Battenkil and a Lamson Guru limited ed. black. Before you ask...PLPD insurance on the truck
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM

Red Owl has a spectacular aura aboutRed Owl has a spectacular aura about

I do fresh and salt water and fish for little trout and Chinook. Have about 6 rods right now. What can I say, I'm a maniac
noreaster likes this.