The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

If posting in this thread made you think you have too many rods, send me a PM.
I'm shopping for a 3 or 4 wt.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 AM

njfly is on a distinguished road

I have too many, but here are the ones that i fish.

8'6 3WT Winston IM6
an old 6'6 4wt orvis HLS. WTS dry rod
7'11 4WT Sage LL
8'6 4WT sage LL
8'6 4WT Winston BIIX
9' 4WT Winston GVX just arrived Christams eve.
8'10 5WT Winston Homewaters Rod
9' 5WT Winston WT
9' 6WT Winston BIIX
9'6 WT Winston IM6
10' 7WT Winton BIIX

I Have recently sold a few rods that i did not like. I am on the lookout on Ebay for a 7' 4WT Wisnton IM6. Other than that i may pick up a BIIMX winston on closeout for bass fishing. i also have a bunch of stuff my father sent me in case i decided to start saltwater fishing and some freshwater rods that are for friends if they ever decided to start fishing.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I used to own two, one 5wt Sage and one older 8wt for streamers etc. But lately with different conditions to fish and smaller streams to larger rivers my collection id expanding but only to 4 right now, I just bought a sweet little Redington 3wt and a 10' 4wt UHM that I am currently setting up. Plans for a 10' 8wt, and a 2wt and oh yeah I forgot I bought an 11' 6wt switch that I am planning on setting up for the spring. So there ya go my rod collection is growing and I have blocked it out. Perhaps some of us will need a Caddy on the water? "Yes James hand me that 9' 5wt with the dry line would you?"
mrfzx, jaybo41 and wannafish like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Weeeelllll........poop. a 5wt Redington Classic Trout came home with my at lunch today. fly shop didnt know he had it, so I got a pretty nice deal on it.
jaybo41 likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

I was at 28 until last night. 29 now. hah...
jaybo41 likes this.

Carp on the Fly
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

A 6 wt, 10' St Croix Legend Ultra arrived yesterday. So, 17.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Shipped out a Hardy Zenith in November and a minty 389-4 SLT arrived last week. + 1 to the list.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

I have 11 rods, with 5 blanks waiting to be built up.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Shipped out a Hardy Zenith in November and a minty 389-4 SLT arrived last week. + 1 to the list.
You didn't like the Zenith?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Orvis Helios 9' 5wt
Orvis 1982 low mod graphite 9' 3" 7wt
Orvis 1980 ? unsanded 7' 9" F&F 5wt

I also have 20+ antique bamboo rods and gonna start listing them FS before too long since loosing interest in collecting antique fishing lures (1,500 lures). Started collecting before it became popular.

Dave