The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 PM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice
Default Re: Just Curious: How Many Fly Rods Do you Own

5 and not near enough
Old 09-27-2012, 07:36 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
And now I officially have two rods .For first time in my life I have them ,not him
This will be interesting from now on.Something like having two wifes
I was given old Hardy,fibber...nothing is readable on blank,except 7'6'' feet long.
I can bet it is older than me
But,me wouldnt be me if I didnt try it instantly and feeling is good

Click the image to open in full size.

Awesome rodd. Love the vintage stuff. I bet there are many fish tales wrapped up in that rod. If only it could tell you all it's stories.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 PM

Poke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the roughPoke 'Em is a jewel in the rough

Four.

7'6" 3 weight
8'6" 5 weight
9' 7 weight
14' 8 weight two-handed
noreaster likes this.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

madjoni what reel and what line do you have on that old hardy?
sweet rod!

casey
noreaster likes this.

ARFE
Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 PM

44runner is on a distinguished road

7 rods total. So not THAT many compared to a lot of you.

1 - 3wt - 7'6"
1 - 4wt - 8'
1 - 5wt - 9'
1 - 6wt - 9'
3 - 8wt - 7'10", 9', 14'

I am pretty content with my little collection. I consider myself a trout bum, but I live at the beach so that is why I have multiple 8wts. I could see myself adding a 12wt sometime to play with off shore. I only make it off shore fishing 1-2 times a year so it would be nothing more than a toy and gear in those weights tend to be more pricey.
noreaster likes this.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:20 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
Awesome rodd. Love the vintage stuff. I bet there are many fish tales wrapped up in that rod. If only it could tell you all it's stories.
Shame it cant talk

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
madjoni what reel and what line do you have on that old hardy?
sweet rod!

casey
Thanks Casey
I must find some old reel for it and some fine DT line.Yesterday I tried it with oldest reel I got,daiva lochmore and rio windcuter 4# line, because that is lightest line I have but I notice that WF line is not right for it.There is no readable markings on blank and rod is very light so I assumed that is for lighter line but it is isnt.Probably 5 weight. In hour and half I got 20-30 chubs and feeling is different comparing with modern graphite rods I used to...
Maybe some of you guys know what is name of this model?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Fly Fishing Friends,

I have nine fly rods and I have always two rods for each weight. So I have two rods of 3wt, one two piece rod (M3 from RST, a German brand) and one travel rod (always Orvis Frequent flyers). This combination I have for 5wt, 6wt and 8 wt rods. My ninth rod is an old 7 piece 6wt travel rod, which I use for my motor bike trips.

I use this combination, because I could change the reels if necessary and so I ahve always a substitute, if I would have an accident with a rod. The other advantage is, that I can easily carry the 7 pcs. Frequent Flyers from Orvis in a small back pack or during my business trips in my suit cases.

But I am also thinking to buy a new 3wt rod (two pieces rod) which will be a little more sensitive than my current rod from RST.
noreaster likes this.

THORSTEN
Old 09-28-2012, 12:43 PM

45fisher is on a distinguished road

Since I build my own...12+, not counting the 3 I actually bought before I started to build them. I have enough blanks to build another dozen...various wt.s
noreaster likes this.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Just one
You can only fish one at a time, so it's really all it takes, eh Mladen?

That said, I have 3 rods, because I like to build them. I have a 2, 4, and 6 WT, but the 4wt is used 97% of all my fishing. I have no need for any more rods, but I want to build another this winter. We'll see...
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
You can only fish one at a time, so it's really all it takes, eh Mladen?

Yes,absolutely true
But there is another matter, my fly fishing rod is thing that I really love,everyone of them trough my life and I am kinda loyal guy I never could love two girls in same time
thorsten likes this.