The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wabi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default back after a long break

Haven't been fishing or on the forum for a couple months or so.
The local lake where I do 90% of my fishing got too weedy to fish this summer (low water & hot temps), and the creeks were really suffering from the drought so I diverted my free time to other hobbies for a couple months.

Today it was more like fishing weather (light rain & cool) so I drove to the lake for a look. The weeds have receded quite a bit, so I grabbed the 3wt from behind the truck seat (it never lost it's place even if I wasn't using it daily), tied on a #12 nymph (of my own design), and made a few casts. The TFO 3wt still felt good in my hand and I was getting good distance & accuracy despite the stiff breeze.
Got one crappie (about 8") and one LM bass (about 12") in about 1/2 hour of fishing. Not too big of fish, and the action was slow, but it sure felt good to be catching fish on the fly rod again!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 PM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: back after a long break

Great stuff!! It sure does feel good to get out after a long bout of staying indoor! So how about telling us bit about that fly pattern you've got there Glad to hear you were able to get out!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike: I understand that the drought has made fishing in some areas pretty bleak, congrats on the recent outing!

Larry

Larry
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you posting and fishing again Wabi!