The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Cool No fish.. Kick back..

I thought this shot deserved its own post. Todays outing was cold and the trout havnt been stocked yet, so not much fish to count for. but i made a great day out of it anyway. anyone else do this.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: No fish.. Kick back..

No fish.... I have to say that I'm not familiar with that concept. Looks like a nice place for a nap, though.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:31 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

been known to kick over into a cove and take a lil nappy in my fish cat when the fishing is slow...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

actully I had about a dozen tiny sunfish and 1 smallie maybe hand size during the day, but i was looking for an excuse to set the hammock up..
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

looks totally relaxing to me.....love the idea of the packable hammock!

casey

ARFE
Old 09-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Mike,

I've been doing that for a long time. The most memorable nap took place a long time ago, I'll try to be brief.

The year was around 1979 or 80 and I worked for Bethlehem Steel. I called in sick one spring day with the idea to go fish the Sandy Bottoms fly fish only water of Loyalsock Creek in Northern Pennsylvania. The day did not yield many fish and at about 11:00 AM I was reclined on a nice gentle slope at creek side. The sun was warm and it was late April, it felt good.

The next thing I knew I woke and found it to be going on 1:00 PM. The warm sun had been blocked by the hillside as the morning drifted into afternoon. It was the chill of the shaded air that brought me awake. I went on to fish the rest of the day and the next day returned to work. Now I had this daylight foreman (an old guy) who was always on my butt for something and although he didn't like me he acted like my taking a day off would put the place out of business. That next morning as I waited in the rally area to get my assignment for the day the foreman approached me and took a long look. "Sick yesterday huh?" he ask, and I unabashedly told the big lie when I replied "yep, felt terrible". He gave me another long look and said, "what about the sunburn, you weren't sick were you?"

I fessed up and told him where I had been and he smiled and said, "good for you". He never liked me but I believe he wished he could do what I had done, anyone could but he wasn't that sort of guy.

I fell asleep sitting in the boat last week
noreaster likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM

thats great haha. this is a net hammock I have I just put 15ft rope on it so I can run it a ways if I need to,, like today.. on the subject of sleeping in a boat, I can forsee that happing in my pontoon,, pvc pipe to hold a big umbrella,, oh yeah im done,.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Casey, this is how easy this was. it fits in a large sock.

Click the image to open in full size.