The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Scouting new territory

Talked to a resource today on the phone, that gave me directions and advice to put me on the (lower) fork of the South Holston River in Virginia. Mostly stocked trout, with some wild trout also but the gent told me it was pretty good fly fishing. That will get my foot in the door to find out more about that area,,,as there seems to be a good deal of trout fishing to be had there. It's an hour+ from my house, but for good fishing that's not much. I have fair trout fishing here,,but I'm a bit of a gypsy when it comes to exploring the outdoors,,so I'm anxious to check this new bit of trout fishing out. I'll let ya'll know how this all works out thur the fall so if someone within range of the South Holston that might be interested in that area will have an idea.

Any family on that awesome fishing out west wanna adopt me ?

Michael
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Scouting new territory

Hi Michael,

Fly fishing led me on an exploration that began in ernest in 1979. Prior to that my wanderings were limited to north central Pennsylvania and lower New York. In 79' I started to wonder what the rest of the country was like. 33 years 46 states and nine provinces of Canada later I'm still exploring new water every chance I get.

Some of my most memorable trips were close to home in Pennsylvania. While long distance travels and exotic destinations are the fuel for adventures never overlook what is right outside your door.

Keep it up fella

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: Scouting new territory

I love finding new waters to fish. I have found a new resource in google maps satellite. I just look for spots where streams meet close to the sea. Its a great resource for searching out those spots that may be overlooked or not over fished.