The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default 5 hr energy?

So, my buddy Bill and I left W Yellowstone @04:30 Monday morning heading for home. About 9:00 I picked up my truck in Twin Falls and headed home solo from there...about 11:30 I get to Wells Nv and I'm outta gas in both me and the truck, so I stop and fill up and pick up one of those 5 hr little drinkies.

wow...I mean WOW...in about 20 minutes I FEEL GREAT. My back doesn't hurt, my eyes are wide open and I could CARRY my truck home if I needed to. So, 4.5 hrs later the truck is empty again, but I'm still flyin...more gas, a burger and a coffee to go and I'm headed for home.

Well, 18 hrs from start to finish, I drove straight thru...of course the next afternoon I went down for the count and slept 14 hrs straight.

My conclusion: Next time maybe I'll drink 1/2 and see what happens...

Trip report to follow in about 10 days...pics not available yet and I'm going fishing again.
Liphookedau likes this.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: 5 hr energy?

Mike,

I had one of those when John & Pam Page were here, I actually got a sort of buzz off the thing. Yeah, I was awake but I said some pretty funny stuff once the potion took effect. Generally I say some funny stuff so maybe it just seemed funnier because of the buzz.

It's one of those, you had to be there to appreciate the levity sort of things
fysh, Liphookedau and mrfzx like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-19-2012, 10:47 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i dont drink coffee(allergic), but rather a 8 oz. can of redbu** almost daily. it does the job and ive grown to like it
i tried a 5 hour drink a few months back and thought i was gonna have a heart attack! it worked well for an hour or so but then sent me into a frenzy. were talkin double vision, shortage of breath, heart rate increase

in my opinion stay away from this sh*t

casey
mcnerney likes this.

ARFE
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Never tried that stuff and don't have plans to. It's jus tone of those things that seems to follow the rule of if it's too good to be true it probably is. When I need a dose of caffeine, I stick to a good cup or twelve of coffee

Looking forward to the report.
mcnerney and Liphookedau like this.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

It must affect different people in different ways, what happened with me was a gasser. Think Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice and a roll of toilet paper being involved, it was funny stuff
fysh and dean_mt like this.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Looking forward to the report.
Here's a teaser...Bill hooked up with a brown on the Madison, below Hegben...

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Administrator

I've fished that stretch of the river and know well how big this baby could be.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 PM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

Those 5 hour energy drink does work. =). One time when i was driving for the entire family from Atlantic City heading back north to Central Nj and it was late at night. I am tired and sleepy and i chug down the whole bottle. Loke about 15 minutes, my eyes are wide open. While the kids where playing in the back, i was screaming playing along with whatever guessing game they have. My wife got upset and told me tone down my voice and next time just take half a bottle so that i wont behave like a teenager. LOL

Have you read the contents? It has a equivalent of 15 cups of caffein in it, thats why it makes your heart palpitate and you will feel short of breath.

Be careful with them if you are not a coffee drinker.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I can attest to Ard's humor after taking a dose of '5 hour energy.' He's funny anyways, but he was quite funny driving home from the Kenaii at about 2 in the morning.

I like the little bottle, they don't make me jittery and really don't overly buzz me, infact on long road trips home after fishing all day I'll drink one and get a Starbucks or Monster canned coffee to sip on and I'm good to go until I get home.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 09-20-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful with energy drinks. They can turn you into this person.

mojo, fysh, mcnerney and 5 others like this.