The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Looks like Redington has completely revamped their rod line-up.

Redington Rods

The CT is gone (looks like it's replaced with the Tempt)

Looks like they have a bunch of new stuff including a line of switch rods.

When did this happen and how did I miss it?

Last edited by mudbug; 09-23-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: I'm Stupid
Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looks like Redington has completely revamped their rod line-up.

Yea,,wow,,,whole new lineup. I really like my 2wt CT so far,,glad I got it when I did,,I suppose. This was my first Redington and it seems they sell solid stuff for a reasonable price. The 'Tempt' is interesting I must say.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:44 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Happened about 2 months ago. Same with Sage disco'ing a bunch of rods. Many could been bought at super happy clearance prices.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 09-23-2012, 01:49 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I've tried to find a Sage Flight, 5wt, 9ft,,and can't find one. That must'a been one popular offering. If anyone knows of one 'in stock, on sale' and you aren't interested, I'd appreciate a PM with were it could be had.

Thanks folks,

Michael
Old 09-23-2012, 02:12 PM

iluv2fish is on a distinguished road

I have the new tempt in a 9' 6wt. very solif rod. Nice action and nice cork handle. Fished with it last thursday and friday. Cast very well and accurate. Would have probably done even better had the wind not been blowing like a hurricane:-(
wannafish likes this.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:12 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I picked up a Classic Trout 9' 6wt for $90.00 on closeout; Slow action dry fly rod. The fit and finish is just beautiful with that rich classic brown color to boot. Can't beat it for the price. In fact, this rod's quality is as good as my Z-axis IMO. Redington's got it going for economy rods.

Click the image to open in full size.
Hardyreels likes this.

Last edited by wannafish; 09-23-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Nice setup Wannafish, is that a CFO?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
Nice setup Wannafish, is that a CFO?
Thanks, it's a Scientific Anglers System 8 made by Hardy and identical to the Hardy Marquis 8/9.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 AM

44runner is on a distinguished road

Main thing they did was replace the CPX and the CT.

I picked up a 4wt 8' CT for $85 shipped and a 6wt 9' Sage Flight outfit (1800 reel) for $297 shipped.

Love closeouts....

I have been told the Tempt is the exact same rod as the CT, just $20 more expensive. I can understand why they would do that. At $150 dollars the Classic Trout was arguably the best deal on the market and at $170 its still a great deal. I now have 2 CTs and I think while they are the lowest priced rods I own they are probably my favorite. Beautiful looking and so sweet to cast. My other CT is the 3wt 7'6".

Last edited by 44runner; 09-24-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM

iluv2fish is on a distinguished road

appparently i was wrong about it being a fast action. But that would explain why i had to slow down on my casting the other day.