The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 06:37 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dan It Never Fails

Like I said it never fails! I'm in West Virginia this week visiting my son at school and of course fishing. This evening as I return from the river I spot a guy shooting his bow next to where I am parked . As I breakdown my equipment I notice a fly rod and vest across the back seat of this fellas car. While sitting on my trunk getting organized he returns to his car and I comment on the nice bow he has and tell him I noticed his fly gear. Well we got into a long conversation about the fishing here and how he was from Virginia and was attending the university on the GI bill. He had been in Iraq was wounded and now he was studying to be in fish and game and how he fished everychance he got between classes. We compared notes on what and where I had caught this week and he gave me a couple of new spots to try. I couldn't stop thinking about how hard and long Dan had looked for a vet to donate a rod to and now that he found one I run into this guy. Never fails! Haha! Would have been a perfect candidate. He told me a story about getting his grandma to send him his flyrod to Iraq so he could fish for the giant grass carp at Husseins palace. And he did! Great guy and a diehard. Told him gonna take him for trout in Pa next spring. Least I can do.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser