The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Paw Paw's new fly fishing project..Damien the Grandson !

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paw Paw's new fly fishing project..Damien the Grandson !

Congrats, looks like a very worthwhile project! My grandson will be turning 5 in November, he is a total fishing nut but still uses a spinning rod.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Damien the Mud Dobber is five too. We use a spinning rod for him some,,he's caught quite a few stockers,,,,,but the stockers are gone from this creek till restock,,,we were mostly wading and exploring and hoping to catch a straggler trout,,but didn't. I let him wave the rod some and kinda get the idea...kinda break fly rod'ing to him to gradually. Mostly he was delierous to just be wading in the water and over rocks...you know how water attracts a kid ... well,,,some growups too ! We did catch two chubs on a hares ear and I showed him now to do gentle release with fish..so maybe we achomplish some learning.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Mud Dobber! My grandson Wyatt fishes for smallmouth bass on a private pond, he does pretty good with his spinning outfit, we haven't tried a fly rod yet.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

It probably doesn't get any better than a Grandson to have as a fishing buddy. Congrats fly_guy, and you too Larry! Here's to many good years of sharing time on the water with your new protege. I know I think back fondly to the brief time I had to fish with my Grandfather.