The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 06:18 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Early Morning Picture Thread

Here's a thead for those of us who like to get up early and are lucky enough to have a camera handy to capture the start of a new day.

Sometimes when the sun is just coming up on the water, you know it's going to be a great day and you start thinking about doing fun things..........like fishing!

Here's one from this morning on the Merrimack River, a local river in my neck of the woods.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll bet that most of you have some nice early morning pics out there; here's a chance to share them with your friends on this forum.

Pocono
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 AM

medic77 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Early Morning Picture Thread

That is a beautiful thing.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Allan, there will likely be a lot more of those sort of photos coming from me soon as the fall season spools up. Between early mornings on the run and possible outings with the bow mean great possibility for these shots. I have one of the sunrise on the Delaware but its hiding on my external harddrive which I don't have with me at the moment. Your photo is beautiful, sets the bar quite high!

And I'll bite, to keep the photos rolling... this was taken with a blackberry curve (not a great camera at all) several years ago, at the beginning of a mangrove-raiding trip for snook, redfish, trout, and whatever else chose to eat:

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Last edited by gatortransplant; 10-01-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Here are a couple of good ones.

Sunrise in New York near the Oak last October.

Here is one in Louisiana this past June.

Another from Louisiana...

Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Homer, that photo on the way to the Oak reminds me... keep me posted when you'll be headed back toward my neck of the woods! We've still got to fish together!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Yep! Veteran's Day weekend. We're staying at the 4C's marina. PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:25 AM

fishindave is on a distinguished road

Snook, Redfish, Trout?...Gator you are making me homesick...I'll be back for 2 weeks in Jan. and a week in Ambergris....Twill be a bit chilly in my neck of the woods though for any sort of wadeing adventures....(I'll make up for it in Belize though)
BTW, you still in sweden?

OH MY! OMAN! 2013
"All I want from life is an unfair advantage" W.C. Fields
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in on this one

Here's a sweet water sunrise

And of course a salty one
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM

irons is on a distinguished road

Beautiful pics!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:40 PM

wizardofaz is on a distinguished road

On a recent camping trip with my Wife and two young girls, I rose extremely early, rustled up some crude coffee, and headed down to the lake. The place was Lynx Lake, in Prescott Arizona. Although I was not there to fly fish, I am certainly wishing now that I had been. I snaked my way down the hill behind our campsite, across the path which circumnavigates the lake, and down to the lake shore. It was extremely dark, but I waited patiently, soaking up the serenity of the place until the perfect moment.

SNAP...

Lynx Lake ~ September 8th, 2012 ~ 6:07am
Hardyreels likes this.