The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 AM

gutz1 is on a distinguished road
Default Sex Dungeon name no longer?

Apparently, Rainy's has been getting so much flack about the name of the fly, and shops not carrying the fly because of the name, that they changed the name to just the 'Dungeon'.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sex Dungeon name no longer?

Lame. My Sex Dungeons only perform at their peak when they are referred to by their proper full names, though sometimes for roll call I refer to them as Dungeon, S.
MoscaPescador likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz1 View Post
Apparently, Rainy's has been getting so much flack about the name of the fly, and shops not carrying the fly because of the name, that they changed the name to just the 'Dungeon'.
People need to lighten up, its just a name. Live and let live is my motto.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Pending on the fly shop here, one sells them as sex dungeons, other shop calls them the S Dungeon. whatever, people need to get over it.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

Be careful when searching the internet for this fly recipe, you can find yourself off track, for hours.

Kelly Galloup does have a way with names for his flies.
I'm a fan of the Circus Peanut myself.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

The same thing happened with a fly popular to the GL Tribs called Crystal Meth. There was an uproar about the name and at least one merchant changed their name to Crystal Spawn.

Most people I know still refer to it as Crystal Meth.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Bought one, properly named, last weekend. If shops don't want to carry it, folks will shop elsewhere I suppose.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

We live in a world where people like to act as if they have never had sex in a damp dark place. I bet most of the baby boomers where created there, I was.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 PM

wizardofaz is on a distinguished road

Money is the truest vote. If they continue selling, the name is irrelevant.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 AM

cockatouche will become famous soon enough

I take at risk children (5-13 yrs. old) to fly shops, and fishing, and they are very curious about everything.

With media being what it is today, do we really need sexually provocative names for flies?

I take the kids fishing to show them there is a cleaner side of life.
dean_mt and osok like this.