The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 01:04 PM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fly Fishing Rivers by Bozeman, minus footage from kitchen sink tumble

Well, John flipped his pontoon going down 'Kitchen Sink' (a crazy stretch below the dam of the Madison). We lost a ton of footage that he had been collecting (camera is now on the bottom of the river), but we had saved some clips from before the trip. He also managed to lose his nice rod, and some other random goods. Kept hold of the anchor some how though. Guess he was tossed around pretty good.

We decided to put together a random video of different rivers by Bozeman with the film we had saved from before the spill.

Can you guess which river is which?

The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe it’s the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression “I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.”

http://www.fishalong.com
Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fly Fishing Rivers by Bozeman, minus footage from kitchen sink tumble

I can't name them, but I'd sure go fish them.

Actually the 1st river looked like the Ruby to me, but it's nearer Butte than Bozeman, I think...
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing Rivers by Bozeman, minus footage from kitchen sink tumble

Bad news (!!!!!) on the first, but the clips were a treat to watch.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that John lost his fly rod and camera! Enjoyed the fishing clips, I have no clue on the rivers as I haven't fished there. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I like the way you just let em go without handling a lot. Nice clips.

As for rafting through crazy water I've had many chances to do that and always go to shore. Either I portage by dragging the raft or I just walk it along the shore line. When I float I use a 13' OutCast and it's pretty stable but reading your post will keep me careful.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

#3=Gallatin.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*