The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 05:46 PM

taghkanic trader is on a distinguished road
Default New Member

Hello All!
Just joined up and am figuring out how to navigate the site. For an old guy that's not too computer literate 'it ain't easy' so please be patient with me.
Been fishing since I was very young ( I am 68 now) and started with a fly rod when I was 18. Of course it was with fiberglass at that time. Due to personal reasons stopped about 10 years ago and just now am able to get back into it.
Trying graphite now and there sure is a difference! Timing is not the same and it is difficult to break old habits.
Well I just wanted to say "Hi" and am looking forward to reading the interesting posts here.
Noiso likes this.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:07 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: New Member

welcome, excellent place to be. sure like to here those olde fish stories.
Do'nt know what you fish for but we'll find out. stay put and enjoy.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:11 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my warm welcome to this; where are you located?

Fred
Old 10-06-2012, 06:20 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: New Member

It's nice to see a new member. I'm rather new myself. I'll look for ya.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

another warm welcome to the forum

casey

ARFE
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

This will be a good place for keeping the mood positive when restarting the sport. You will find that you aren't the only old school type posting here and should fit right in. A little more detail will help members to relate to you; where are you at, what are you fishing for, and whatever else you're comfortable disclosing.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM

taghkanic trader is on a distinguished road

Right about a little more info.
I like fishing for trout best but also enjoyed bass when I lived where I owned a small bass pond. Fish were 1 1/2 - 2 pounds. Panfish are fun too.
I live in New York State where the three corners of N.Y, Conn. and Mass. are. Mostly cow country. Been there only six years. Before that I lived near Cherry Valley, N.Y.
Am a retired antiques dealer but still keep busy buying and selling rustic and "camp" furniture and items that people decorate their cabins and camps with such as hunting, fishing, pack baskets, Indian made snowshoes,outdoor type items anything that goes along with that theme. I do a couple outdoor shows a year just to keep my hand in it.
Have more time on my hands now so am getting back to what is important like fishing and grouse hunting.
Guess that is enough about me, more than you needed probably.
Hardyreels, Noiso and noreaster like this.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

From an Aussie to A New Yorker (Sort of) A Big Welcome.
Brian.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

taghkanic trader....good idea to restart the sport
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Good place to learn and share. I like the positive attitudes of the posts even though I ranted at TFO. Maybe I need an attitude adjustment. Sounds like you have much to share and I'll be watching for you.