The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 04:50 PM
ROVER is on a distinguished road
Default not so excellent wadders/excellent customer service

I had bought a pair of neoprene wadders about a year ago. They were hodgman bootfoot wadders somewhere in the 140$ range. So i knew i wasn't getting a top of the line product, but after using them seldomly(only when water is very cold) for less than a year, they leaked and drenched my right foot on two occasions. I called the company complaining because i had no reciept and of course the place i bought them wouldn't benift me the warranty. The first person i spoke to at the customer service extension toldme to clean them up and send them in. So im hopping they send back a new pair or maybe company credit

Anyways. the point of this post was that it really makes life easier when a company treats customers this way. No problems or arguing. Thats customers service at its finnest for you.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: not so excellent wadders/excellent customer service

Hi Rover,

Back in the early 50's Hodgman made the best waders on the market. In those days they were made in the US. I still have a pair that I bought in 1954. The material was fabric on both sides of a rubberized material. They have stocking feet and I put them on ever once in a while. Maybe I will get them out and take a picture. There are several patches but still usable.

Frank
Old 01-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Kai is on a distinguished road
Default Re: not so excellent wadders/excellent customer service

I've got a pair of Hodgman waders (their T.A.C. breathable stockingfoot waders with a waterproof zipper) that are really nice. I've used and abused them for 50+ days of fishing so far, and they still look and perform like new.