The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM

recriger will become famous soon enough
Default Forgive me Finny Friend, for I have sinned

It has been 5 weeks since my last muddy water communion.

My wading boots are dry
I've forgotten which pocket my nippers are in
my leader won't uncoil (in a hot car for too long)
and I think my Wolly bugger has gone out of style.

Can I be let off with 50 Hail Smallies?

I have to say this changing of the seasons is really putting a cramp in my fun time. Not 2 months ago I was able to get up at 4:30 or 5(same as my week day starts) and step into the water just as the sun broke over the horizon. This allowed me to get home just after my girls were finishing their leisurely breakfast and morning shows (yeah...noon).

I lost a couple weeks doing all those various things that take our time away.
Building stairs for the In-laws
running a 5k for the wife's work
Overtime
Couple shooting competitions now that it is cooler....

Last week I got up to go fishing and intentionally woke up later knowing that the sun was gonna be late. I had to wait in the car and string out my preperations for about an hour. It was overcast and the sun was taking longer than I expected to show himself so I couldn't see the trail for a while. I was already trying to sneak in a trip before the comitments for the day started. I only got an hour on the water. Sheesh, what's that saying? Something about Prior Propper Something-er-other Preventing somthing? Yeah, I failed.

Now I'm going to lose another 2 weekends since the little lady decided that we need to move a couple blocks away to add a few hundred feet to our town home. (I really can't complain, there is a basement at the new place so I will be able to build an actual tying bench next to my new reloading bench. MAN CAVE--kinda). Not only moving without help or a big truck, but she wants to paint the whole place first, apparently it's more "home-y" with paint.

I do suppose that if I just happen to be gone when they get up... Isn't it easier to ask forgiveness than permission??
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgive me Finny Friend, for I have sinned

Sorry, but I've been trying to get in as much time on the water as possible before the weather sours.... 5 times out in the last 2 weeks
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Isn't it easier to ask forgiveness than permission??[/QUOTE If it's for a new reel, rod, or other essential fishing item, yes it is. In this case, I doubt it.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

Deffinitely easier to ask forgiveness than permission.... When I want to go fishing I just go, if she has a problem I figure I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it. Atleast I got my day of fishing in, not much can get me down after a good day on the water. Especially right now, fall is my favorite time to be out theres plenty of hungry fish and the weather is perfect. I've been out 2-3 day a week for the last few weeks and will probably do so into the winter as long as the Striper are still biting.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Life is uncertain. Fish first.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM

mrp1 has a spectacular aura aboutmrp1 has a spectacular aura about

Five weeks is a good while to go without fishing this time of year. I feel your pain.

You're getting a fly tying bench AND a reloading bench? WooHoo! The pain will disappear soon.

Mr. P.'s Blog
Old 10-09-2012, 05:57 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

that 5 weeks is about where I've been 'all things considered.' Two aborted trips and on one (sans dogs) I didn't even bother to put my waders on. Turned around and went home.

This afternoon was the first 'real fishing' I've done in quite some time (with Sandy) and after 2.5 hours I was dead tired. Suspected I'd/Sandy had gotten well "out of shape."

Back out tomorrow. Time to dig my head out of my ........ and get on with life.

fae
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Like the wicked witch of the west said "these things must be handled delicately". I would suggest going into serious negotiations with the spouse, obviously taping, painting and moving is going to bring up both of your stress levels. So break up the work with a few separate but equal play days, with that in mind the work can remain fresh and fun.

Let us know if it works, so we can try it on our wives.

Dave