The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rip Tide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about
Default Another thing I like about this forum

As you can see, I'm fairly new to the forum. I keep finding things I like, some educational, some entertaining. Here is a simple thing I have come to enjoy: I find myself looking at the location of the posters and fishing vicariously on their waters. Some of the posts and pictures are so descriptive, I just can't help myself. Thanks for that.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Another thing I like about this forum

.... you might want to add your own location. It helps all of us when answering your questions or understanding your experiences.

Click "User CP" above, far left, and then "Edit Your Details"
fredaevans and williamhj like this.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Another thing I like about this forum

Hi,

I have to agree with Paul on the location thing. It is always nice to know if we are writing to an east or western fisherman. There is quite an array of people and places represented in the posting that we get here. it's always cool to see the home waters of the members.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I knew that was coming as soon as I noticed I had no location posted. As of this moment, I'm in the East Bay of CA, so you won't be doing much vicarious fishing through me on home waters. We're looking for a cabin in the mountains, so I may have a more exciting location fishing-wise in the near future.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

As well outlined above, location info can be darned helpful. But it can also be very helpful if you're planning a trip to another part of North America. Be that exchange via postings or PM's the information can be invaluable for someone traveling a long way. Even if that's just for a days fishing on a Family Vacation.

Personally, lots of folks ask me about fishing on the Rogue River here in Southern Oregon .... I'll even tell them what 'rock to stand on.' I don't hesitate to tell them exactly where I think the fish are, or will be.

Does it work? Yup .... most of the time, three'ish weeks back we had a mini-spey 'clave and a couple of the fellows wanted to drive up/down to Medford and fish 'before/after.' Between daybreak and 9ish in the morning both had landed two Steelhead on their fly rods.

A good thing me thinks.

fae