The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all
Default Allen Fly Fishing Announcement - Free program to test our rods out!

Hi Everyone

We are excited to announce a new way for Allen to bring our rods to you for free. We understand that rods are one of those products that you need to touch and feel to make an educated decision. We have been getting a lot of great feedback on our rods, but we want to increase that exponentially by getting more people to try them with no strings attached. Customers who don't fish with a buddy with one of our rods may never get a chance to wiggle and inspect one first-hand. So, we have decided to make a bold move and let people check out a new rod from the comfort of their home!

We will send you a brand new, completely unused rod. We ask that you keep all plastic and tags intact, and take it practice casting on the lawn, but not to the river. If it's not for you, send it back to us in the condition it arrived with the included return shipping label. You will not be charged for any part of this process. If you decide to keep the rod, just talk to us and we will make the transaction happen.

We will keep it simple. Call us and we take your info (shipping address, and card info, though, no credit card will be charged at this time). Currently the program will only be for US customers.

More details will be released soon. We will be starting with the ATS series. I'm excited to take the Rods in this direction. Its a win win for everyone.

Thank you,

Justin
Joni, 45fisher, fysh and 7 others like this.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing Announcement - Free program to test our rods out!

thats really cool.
being new to Fly Fishing and only having 1 rod im already itching to get another one
and someone letting me dome one, is a great way to get to the top of my list when im looking at rods.
if i may suggest something: it would be also really cool if you perhaps had a small fleet of Usable rods that we can try on the water. just in few key sizes, that way we can really demo them in real world conditions.

speaking of demoing, this weekend i get to demo Orvis Access rod while mine is in for warranty, orvis shop gave me one for the weekend, so im very excited.
to companies willing to do this
Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

I trust you. My 3wt. 6'6' Myth is on its way.
Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

I'm in for. 7 weight
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice work guys!!
sweet rods-sweet deal

casey

ARFE
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Justin, this is exciting news...Allen Fly Fishing is raising the bar for customer service and I will be glad to let others know what you're doing.

Dave
fredaevans and williamhj like this.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Great idea and very good of you to try it out.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

wow just noticed that you have amazing deals on blanks

anyone has experience building your own rods. how cost effective is it?
i want the 3wt
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM

bobafett will become famous soon enoughbobafett will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
Great idea and very good of you to try it out.
very nice idea.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Who you should have try out a rod is my friend Bill. Something fast with an ERN in the 7.5 zone. In case you have not heard, he has cracked the 130' mark with a 5 wt. line of ? make, and a Cabelas Three Forks Rod. I would like to see him try a better rod for a few casts. I'd be willing to video tape it. This is all provided he will let me. And you are willing as well.

Bill tossing a 120' Rio Gold Competition line to the backing from one knee. This is an old video and he has become better.
" title="Rio Gold 120' comp line video by fishnwflies - Photobucket" target="_blank">Rio Gold 120' comp line video by fishnwflies - Photobucket

This is why I would rather use Youtube.