The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   New Guy from midwest (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/300252-new-guy-midwest.html)

stuie675 10-23-2012 12:41 AM

New Guy from midwest

Hello all, name is Stu from Kansas City. I have recently started to get back into fly fishing after about 4 years of not being able to with my life being very busy. Figured I would join up here to hopefully help out and of course learn.

A little about me, I am 25 and recent grad from college, work as a network engineer and it has taken up a lot of my time, but it has paid off in certain areas. I now realize I am working way to much and want to enjoy my life more, so here I am.

I have also been fly fishing since I was a little kid when my grandfather taught me how to, had to go to my mothers and dust off all my stuff, but I truly did miss it all haha can not wait to do some C&R this winter down south even ordered a new Hardy Zenith 9 5wt and will be buying a Hardy 4000DD real soon also. (I am a bit of a Hardy fan you will come to find haha)

But yeah Hello all and hope the fishing has been good for you lately.

Stu

mcnerney 10-23-2012 05:30 AM

Re: New Guy from midwest

Stu: Welcome to the forum! It looks like you are getting a really fine fishing outfit that will last for years to come, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry

Pocono 10-23-2012 05:35 AM

Welcome to the forum, Stu! :welcome:

You're right; too much work can be bad for you; there's a good mix of work and play that keeps you going comfortably and I hope you find it.

You're going to like your new Hardy Zenith 9'0" 5 wt. It's a good rod. I bought one 2 years ago and it's served me well. Very accurate with a nice feel casting.

Have fun!

Pocono

tennessee dave 10-23-2012 08:11 AM

Welcome to the forum.

schiff 10-23-2012 08:40 AM

Welcome. I have been here a while, but without many posts.
That doesn't mean I haven't learned a ton of good information.
I hope you find, as I have, what a good bunch of people live here.

double dry 10-23-2012 09:30 AM

Welcome and enjoy.

jpbfly 10-23-2012 11:43 AM

:welcomean Stu...looks like you'll have a good combo to re;)start with:)

thorsten 10-23-2012 01:08 PM

Hello Stu,

Wellcome to this awesome forum :welcome: You did the right decision to spend more time for fishing. I also worked too much in the last 10 years and I see that I fly fishing is the only time I can really switch off :fishing:

williamhj 10-23-2012 01:46 PM

Welcome! An advantage of working so much is being able to afford some nice gear :) enjoy!

Hardyreels 10-23-2012 01:53 PM

Hi Stu,

I hope you'll become a regular poster with us here.

Ard