The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough
Default New Guy from midwest

Hello all, name is Stu from Kansas City. I have recently started to get back into fly fishing after about 4 years of not being able to with my life being very busy. Figured I would join up here to hopefully help out and of course learn.

A little about me, I am 25 and recent grad from college, work as a network engineer and it has taken up a lot of my time, but it has paid off in certain areas. I now realize I am working way to much and want to enjoy my life more, so here I am.

I have also been fly fishing since I was a little kid when my grandfather taught me how to, had to go to my mothers and dust off all my stuff, but I truly did miss it all haha can not wait to do some C&R this winter down south even ordered a new Hardy Zenith 9 5wt and will be buying a Hardy 4000DD real soon also. (I am a bit of a Hardy fan you will come to find haha)

But yeah Hello all and hope the fishing has been good for you lately.

Stu
Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Guy from midwest

Stu: Welcome to the forum! It looks like you are getting a really fine fishing outfit that will last for years to come, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry

Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, Stu!

You're right; too much work can be bad for you; there's a good mix of work and play that keeps you going comfortably and I hope you find it.

You're going to like your new Hardy Zenith 9'0" 5 wt. It's a good rod. I bought one 2 years ago and it's served me well. Very accurate with a nice feel casting.

Have fun!

Pocono
Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 AM

schiff has a spectacular aura aboutschiff has a spectacular aura about

Welcome. I have been here a while, but without many posts.
That doesn't mean I haven't learned a ton of good information.
I hope you find, as I have, what a good bunch of people live here.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 AM

double dry is on a distinguished road

Welcome and enjoy.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Stu...looks like you'll have a good combo to restart with
Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Stu,

Wellcome to this awesome forum You did the right decision to spend more time for fishing. I also worked too much in the last 10 years and I see that I fly fishing is the only time I can really switch off

THORSTEN
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! An advantage of working so much is being able to afford some nice gear enjoy!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Stu,

I hope you'll become a regular poster with us here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;