The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fishalong

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 11:53 AM

fishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of lightfishalong is a glorious beacon of light
Default BEASTY trout on the Madison - Video

This was a one day trip that led to some huge trout being caught. Fished until it went dark. Just another day on the Madison.

mysticm and thorsten like this.
The fields are endless, but the cows never leave the river side, maybe its the fresh taste of a cold mountain runoff that keeps them close. Or perhaps they just like watching the fly fisherman cast their way down stream (like souls of fishermen past). A young calf looks at his mother, with a sideways curious expression I love the feeling of mud running through my hooves.

http://www.fishalong.com
Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: BEASTY trout on the Madison - Video

What a G R E A T video - Congratulations It is really a dream for me to spend (someday in myl life) a few days at such a river

THORSTEN
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I really enjoy your no frills approach to taking these pictures. The footage tells me that days like this are just a matter of fact for you and the way you unceremoniously release the fish is refreshing.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Very nice video It is refreshing to see a video where the angler releases the fish properly (w least degree of damage) & does not feel the need to drag it onto dry rocks for the 'glory photo'.

I just came across a posting on another forum where the person has photo after photo of 7-10in Brookies, proudly displayed on bone dry rocks / stones. The poster was very protective of his treasured stream but had no concern about the poor handling of the little jewels that dwell in it. Rant over
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

I especially appreciated the background music- Dave Gruisin's Mountain Dance? Different version but superb piano. Loved that Madison as well. My river of Sighs.