The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM

zerolimit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What discourages you on the water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redncwings View Post
I never thought of it that way....again, inexperienced just started this past summer....so this forum should be very good for me. Thanks again
Water temp is a good reference for fish activity and you will notice that thermal pockets and transitions in both still and moving water can lead you fish. Good luck with your project.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

On the water temp line of thinking, how about a wading staff that had the temperature sensor on the bottom but a digital display on/near the top? You'd have to design it so that the sensor was protected from abuse/damage though. (I'd also make the display large enough for aging eyes)

I think one could sell well at $70 or so.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM

headhunter is on a distinguished road

already too many gadgets and gizmos out there.

Thoreau
Old 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I got so much stuff on me now I don't think I could carry anything else. I got a pole,waders, vest, hydration pack, and hat. maybe a fly fishing vest that has a built in hydratrion pack on the back. almost like a chest pack with a 1.5 liter camelbak on the back.that would be sweet.do they got those already? if so they are prolly like 50 or 100 bux! if so make it for the budget fly fishermen! charge 30 bux or so! make it in camo!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Zero,
I use a plastic film container(35mm) with a hole drilled in the end for my indicator yarn, fill it with yarn pull the end thrue the hole and snap the lid on and viola your good to go.

Hi Redncwings,
As for new ideas, wow there are so many things out there, I once thought about putting Mosquito repellant on a baby wipe type of sheet, and then 2 years later someone came out with something similar.

Good luck, I hope we can help you.

P.S. Don't get Mosquito repellant on your fly line!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
I got so much stuff on me now I don't think I could carry anything else. I got a pole,waders, vest, hydration pack, and hat. maybe a fly fishing vest that has a built in hydratrion pack on the back. almost like a chest pack with a 1.5 liter camelbak on the back.that would be sweet.do they got those already? if so they are prolly like 50 or 100 bux! if so make it for the budget fly fishermen! charge 30 bux or so! make it in camo!

Yup, already been done, look up some of "Fish Ponds" vest, purty nice stuff.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM

I got so much stuff on me now I don't think I could carry anything else.

Amen George. I'm constantly trying to find ways to reduce the number of things I carry on the stream.

But I can find room for a film canister. Good idea on the dispenser Fyshstykr

BTW, the Fishpond tech vest I'm wearing in the pic below has a built in insulated bladder system.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:35 PM

larrysmith9865 is on a distinguished road

There ya go get me a camera i can use with no worries of droping my cell phone in the water. small and waterproof is good
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysmith9865 View Post
There ya go get me a camera i can use with no worries of droping my cell phone in the water. small and waterproof is good
Pentax Optio series and Olympus SW770 seem to be two popular choices. There was a good discussion on this topic a couple of weeks ago.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

Here is one idea we were talking about on another post. Something to put on the guides to keep them from icing but won't hurt the fly line.

Frank