The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Great Cust Service - Always a good business model!

I recently had the chance to try out the customer service for two fine Fly Fishing tackle companies & wanted to share my experiences.

Case 1: Ross Reels - I own 5 different models of ross reels since I like them both in terms of performance and aesthetics. I called them regarding repairing the wobble in my CLA 1.5 & purchasing a replacement reel foot for my Rhythm 2 (damaged from me dropping the reel on concrete surface). To my utter surprise, they offerred to not only fix the wobble but also upgrade the drag system on the CLA plus send me a replacement reel foot for the Rhythm for free. I even offered pay for the two services but the technical service person refused to charge me anything despite the reel foot damage being my fault.
I recd both the repaired CLA 1.5 plus the replacement reel foot within 5 days.

Case 2: Orvis - Several weeks ago, my 4 y.o snapped the tip of my beloved Orvis Far & Fine rod. She insisted on carrying it out the porch door to the backyard to cast it with me and in the process got it wedged in the door frame. I called Orvis and they sent me a repair #. I shipped the rod to them and within 8 days had a fully repaired rod at my doorstep at no cost to me.

With the way things are these days, I fully expected to pay for these two cases but instead the companies refused to accept my offer to pay and did the work for free. I think this speaks a lot to the character / corporate policies of the two companies and also to the high quality of people in their customer & technical services with whom I interacted.

Suffice to say, they have a life long customer in me for their products going forward!

P.S. Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with either company or stand to gain in any shape from this post. Just sharing my recent experiences.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Cust Service - Always a good business model!

Great to hear that Ross and Orvis stand behind their products like they do!

Larry

Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice
Default Re: Great Cust Service - Always a good business model!

Great service!

Last week actually I had a similar good experience with Bass Pro Shops. I have an older White River reel that is 14 years old and a screw fell out of it. I called their CS department and they shipped me the screw free of charge, despite the age of the reel and them just taking my word for it.