The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 03:20 AM

ols_a is on a distinguished road
Default Extreme Salmon fight!

Sorry i am posting this in "General" but the video forum looks dead/empty(?).
Maybe a Moderator can move it to right forum.

Extreme Salmon fight from Byske River in sweden. 30-lbs salmon releases into the rapids of The Byske River. Do you dare follow? The original fight goes on for 35 minutes in cold water through 1100yd of fierce rapids.

No commercial, just a guy cought an extreme fight with his GoPro..

fysh, mcnerney, fredaevans and 4 others like this.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Extreme Salmon fight!

Hi ols a.
Welcome.
A Good Fight,Rugged River with Plenty of Water Flow,I don't think I've ever seen a more deserved Fish.
A bit too dangerous for my likings these days,however when I was Lots younger I probably would have done The Same Thing.
Brian.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

FRICK'IN FANTASTIC BIT OF FILM. I only hope he put the Puppy back in the river. For a first post, you've done well, very very well. Extrodinary to say the least.

fae
Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
FRICK'IN FANTASTIC BIT OF FILM. I only hope he put the Puppy back in the river.

fae
Fred,that was no Puppy,in my Books it was a Greyhound,a little quicker Than The Guy for Quite a while,although he did have heaps of obsticles.
Brian
fredaevans likes this.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:20 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you Bro., I hear you.

fae
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

That guy is HARD CORE! I'd have broke her off before the first swim
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Fan-freakin-tastic!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 AM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about

Good God...
Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 AM

ols_a is on a distinguished road

Glad you like it..
I am not the fisherman, i only think the whole world of salmonfishers should se this ;-)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Thanks Ols. Great video, great fish, great big-hearted guy! You should put your country up in the Biography heading and hang around for a while.

Quote:
A bit too dangerous for my likings these days,however when I was Lots younger I probably would have done The Same Thing.
. Same for me Brian. My first King Salmon was finally landed after a very long and frigid "float trip" down the Salmon River with snow on the banks early one morning. My fishing buddy finally caught up to me by runnning through the woods and dragged me out. I spent the next couple hours clad in boxer shorts in the pickup with the heater blowing full blast. Luckily my truck had a "hIgh output" heater.