The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By caseywise
  • 1 Post By gatortransplant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default thank you pap!

here's my grandfathers purple heart....awarded in 1945....he gave it to me when i was 12.
Click the image to open in full size.
thank you to him and all our vets:worth y:

casey

ARFE
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thank you pap!

Wow! That was quite the gift and a great way to remember him and all the veterans who have served our great country!
Thanks to all who have stepped up and served in the military!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

My Dad was in the Army during the Korean War. He was stationed in Germany and assigned the responsiblity of an MP to the General. Ironically, he was an immagrant from Greece who had joined up when he arrived in America. His skills of the English language were taught to him by the Army. Many years later, he would tell my nephew of whatever questions my nephew had. My nephew wrote aan essay on my Dad and received a scholarship to the university he now attends. Although God called my Dad home two years back, I was and am even now, proud he chose the military as his "start" to his citizenship. Vietnam ended in "74". I graduated high school in "75". I still, to this day, have my draft card. I was class 1A. My Dad did it, I would have too!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

such a great piece of family history for you to have.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Thank you for the story Paul, if I had not been accepted to grad school I would have been the next in a line of military men on both sides of my family. Huge thanks to those who have served, do serve, and will serve in my place. I will always be grateful, no matter what public opinion at the times dictates!
imxer likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...