Originally Posted by busbus
I would like to include a picture of it but I do not know how to insert an image. It asks for a URL and it is on my hard drive. How do I insert a picture?
---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------
I see I am not allowed to post attachments? This is at the bottom of my reply screen:
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Ray: The reason the forum does not allow you to do attachments is the risk of viruses. You can post a photo of your big bass in two different methods. The first method is probably the easier. You open an account on a third site like photobucket and upload your photo there, then copy the link to the photo and in your post use the little yellow icon that looks like it has a mountain in it, open that and paste the link there (use a CNTL-C to copy and CNTL-V to paste). The second method is to create a photo album on this site, upload the photo to your album, then scroll down on that page and you will see a link, use CNTL-C to copy the link, then go back to your post, use the little yellow icon (above where you type in your post) and do a CNTL-V to paste the link. Note: The maximum size the photo can be is 100KB so you will need to use some photo editing software to reduce the photo, I believe PhotoBucket does this for you. I use a free photo editing program called Pixxlr. Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com
Here is the long version of how to upload a photo:
Here are some guidelines that may help.
1. First upload your photo into our Gallery, Photobucket or some other website that can store photgraphs.
2. Copy the link (URL) provided below the photo by selecting the text with your mouse and copying (Ctl-C) or use the brower's Edit menu - copy command.
3. Open your forum post and click the "Insert Image" icon which looks like a tiny yellow postcard.
4. In the box that appears paste (Ctl-V or Edit menu - paste) the URL to the image, taking care not to insert http:// twice. Click ok and the image will appear in your post.
Here are additional guidelines to using our Gallery.
* The fly fishing forums gallery allows you to store up to 10Mb of photographs.
* Once in the gallery you can use the link provided to also show the photos in your forum posts.
* The allowable image types are: jpg, jpeg, png or gif
* Uploaded photographs will be automatically reduced to 990 pixels wide if they are larger than this, otherwise they will remain the original size.
* Typically a photograph designed for web viewing is normally 50Kb in size or less. The fly forums gallery allows you to upload file sizes up to 100kb which means you may need to web-optimize your photographs before you upload.
To optimize use Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software, or an online service like: Online Image Optimizer: Optimize your GIFS, JPGS, and PNGS online.
or Web Resizer - Making Photos Faster - Optimize pictures for websites and email
for bigger photographs.
We find an image quality of ‘40’ as the best compromise between quality and loading speed.
* To delete a photograph then Click Photo Options and choose the Edit Photo. Delete is one of the options in there.